Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2019, 07:32 PM   #1
rayadp05
TRUEAMATEURMODELS.COM
 
rayadp05's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TrueAmateurModels.com
Posts: 4,001
Recommended Pay Site Photo Resolution Sizes

I've had my membership site Trueamateurmodels.com for 14 years now. As we all know, over the years, computer monitors have increasingly become much larger than they were back in the day. I shoot videos, but I primarily specialize in shooting photos, and the site has nearly 250,000 high quality photos, in terms of the image quality, but the actual photo size that I currently have in the members area is 1600x1200. I'm using the Elevated X CMS platform, and I believe that they (by default) offer three different sizes. 1600, 1280 and 1024. I would like to ask them if I can add a couple more sizes.

However, when my affiliates market and promote my content, I don't want for too many people to have to scroll way over in order to view the entire photo. On my computer monitor screen, 1600x1200 isn't a bad size at all, as it fills up the majority of the screen, but as we all know, there are a lot of people out there with much larger screens.

So what do you think? What extra sizes should I offer to my members? I just don't want to offer the photos TOO big, but I want them to be big enough for most people. I know that it really just depends, but i'm curious to see other peoples opinions.

Here is a sample gallery, showing the photo size that I currently use.

https://www.trueamateurmodels.com/lenna-model.html
rayadp05 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
Sly
Game On
 
Sly's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 29,897
Are you running Google analytics on your tour and members area?

If not, I recommend adding it now. If you do, you can log into the stats and see what popular screen resolutions your members are using. You can then use that info to get an idea as to what size you should be providing your members.
__________________
Fully managed VPS' with daily backups starting at $50!
Email Vacares NOW for more details
Sly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:13 PM   #3
jsmih
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 187
Maybe offer some supersize images to see how they go over.
jsmih is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:40 PM   #4
rayadp05
TRUEAMATEURMODELS.COM
 
rayadp05's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TrueAmateurModels.com
Posts: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
Are you running Google analytics on your tour and members area?

If not, I recommend adding it now. If you do, you can log into the stats and see what popular screen resolutions your members are using. You can then use that info to get an idea as to what size you should be providing your members.
I do not have Google Analytics, but I do have tracker that counts the stats that are running on all of my pages. That's a good idea.

By the way, these are the extra sizes that I am considering adding. What do you think?

1920x1200
2048x1536
2560x1600
rayadp05 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:10 PM   #5
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 15,766
1920 x 1080 is a good size since it's what most HD videos are in. But whatever size you choose I would also offer a downloadable ZIP file of the images in original sizes. If you don't want to offer ZIPs then go with the biggest size you listed.
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Nerd Cash | Aggressive Dollars | Porn Showcase

Over 85 paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #6
rayadp05
TRUEAMATEURMODELS.COM
 
rayadp05's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TrueAmateurModels.com
Posts: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
1920 x 1080 is a good size since it's what most HD videos are in. But whatever size you choose I would also offer a downloadable ZIP file of the images in original sizes. If you don't want to offer ZIPs then go with the biggest size you listed.
I agree. That's a good size. It's not too large, but it's not too small either. The way the CMS is set up, I can have several sizes that are available and the members can choose which size they would prefer to see simply by clicking a link. I would prefer to have the main photos (the default size that pulls up after the thumb is clicked) to not be too large, but to offer the largest in the form of the clickable link. Once the link is clicked, all of the photos will open up to that size. What are the different sizes that you would offer? Say for example, if you were adding two or three more sizes?
rayadp05 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:07 PM   #7
Grapesoda
your favorite band sucks!
 
Grapesoda's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montana
Posts: 31,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayadp05 View Post
I do not have Google Analytics, but I do have tracker that counts the stats that are running on all of my pages. That's a good idea.

By the way, these are the extra sizes that I am considering adding. What do you think?

1920x1200
2048x1536
2560x1600
2000x3000
__________________
We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
—JOSEPH CAMPBELL

hit me up @potandpussy
Grapesoda is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #8
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 15,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayadp05 View Post
I agree. That's a good size. It's not too large, but it's not too small either. The way the CMS is set up, I can have several sizes that are available and the members can choose which size they would prefer to see simply by clicking a link. I would prefer to have the main photos (the default size that pulls up after the thumb is clicked) to not be too large, but to offer the largest in the form of the clickable link. Once the link is clicked, all of the photos will open up to that size. What are the different sizes that you would offer? Say for example, if you were adding two or three more sizes?
Well it would depend on the sizes of the originals. If you have content going back years some of the older stuff will be smaller of course.

But if you want a quick fix kinda thing just offer small (mobile), medium and HD/large sizes. So something like 640x360 for mobile, 1920 x 1080 as 'medium' (default) and HD can be either 2000 x 3000 on up to as HD as you wanna go.

For my stuff I do SD (amateur and older content) at 640 x 480/360 and newer HD content as 1920 x 1080 as default gallery sizes.
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Nerd Cash | Aggressive Dollars | Porn Showcase

Over 85 paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:53 AM   #9
rayadp05
TRUEAMATEURMODELS.COM
 
rayadp05's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TrueAmateurModels.com
Posts: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
Well it would depend on the sizes of the originals. If you have content going back years some of the older stuff will be smaller of course.

But if you want a quick fix kinda thing just offer small (mobile), medium and HD/large sizes. So something like 640x360 for mobile, 1920 x 1080 as 'medium' (default) and HD can be either 2000 x 3000 on up to as HD as you wanna go.

For my stuff I do SD (amateur and older content) at 640 x 480/360 and newer HD content as 1920 x 1080 as default gallery sizes.
Thanks for the suggestions bro. I am still experimenting with different sizes, but the size that you mentioned seems good for the default. Or perhaps, a tad larger. Thanks again dude.
rayadp05 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #10
GspotProductions
Natalie K
 
GspotProductions's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Spain
Posts: 14,844
I offer 2 different sizes,

2000 x 1600 px

&

3000 x 2000 px

the only reason for editing smaller would be, either bad quality images or because your server can´t handle it...

these days, servers are cheap and the quality of an image, well, most cameras take huge images these days. Our camera takes 6000x4000 or there about, so half of this size is an excellent quality image, and on a huge screen, the member can get close up of dick or pussy shots and see any pimples or glistening cum!
__________________
My official porn site NatalieK.xxx Porn surfer & webmaster blog Sign up to NatalieKash

Skype: gspotproductions - "Converting your traffic into income since 2005"
GspotProductions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #11
Axeman
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Swamp
Posts: 5,057
We offer 1000x1500 and 2000x3000.
__________________

Contact me at brent [at] xxxrewards.com
Axeman is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #12
rayadp05
TRUEAMATEURMODELS.COM
 
rayadp05's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TrueAmateurModels.com
Posts: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by GspotProductions View Post
I offer 2 different sizes,

2000 x 1600 px

&

3000 x 2000 px

the only reason for editing smaller would be, either bad quality images or because your server can´t handle it...

these days, servers are cheap and the quality of an image, well, most cameras take huge images these days. Our camera takes 6000x4000 or there about, so half of this size is an excellent quality image, and on a huge screen, the member can get close up of dick or pussy shots and see any pimples or glistening cum!
Thanks ...and speaking of closeup shots, I shoot a lot of super closeup shots, so having the pictures larger is definitely a plus. I'm just trying to get some ideas. I appreciate the suggestions!
rayadp05 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #13
adultinnovation
Confirmed User
 
adultinnovation's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 612
1920x1200...….
__________________

Get Quality Adult Design
adultinnovation is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >

Bookmarks

Tags
sizes, photo, offer, photos, site, people, size, screen, 1600x1200, quality, computer, larger, content, promote, scroll, majority, monitor, view, entire, bad, fills, peoples, curious, depends, opinions
Thread Tools




©2000-, AVN Media Network Inc



Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000- Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.