Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2018, 10:35 AM   #1
RayVega
Confirmed User
 
RayVega's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York ICQ#348007554
Posts: 4,196
Where's the money at in adult these days?

I been out for a while and I'm curious? Content creation? traffic generation? Social media?

Are Affiliate programs and TGP's still a thing? You guys still do Internext? Is Juicy D. links Still alive?

Someone fill me in please!
__________________
Ray "The Don" Vega

Managing Director
Private Equity Fund

[email protected]
RayVega is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot
 
Rochard's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 45,837
All of the money is in cams.

Being as I run YNOT Mail I see a lot of people making money off of email marketing too.
__________________
YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Richard Buss | Skype: rochardbuss

YNOT Mail Facebook Page
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:51 AM   #3
NiftyStats Jenna
Confirmed User
 
NiftyStats Jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,102
instant porn ( live cams ) but also micro niched sites ...
__________________

Track your affiliate sales and expenses automatically!
NiftyStats Jenna is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
j3rkules
VIP
 
j3rkules's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 18,623
Adult dating and webcams are doing well for me.
__________________


I have been using them for over ten years now for my adult sites and I am very happy with their services.
j3rkules is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:16 AM   #5
SilentKnight
Megan Fox's fluffer
 
SilentKnight's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: shooting pool in Elysium
Posts: 22,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayVega View Post
Where's the money at in adult these days?
Wayback machine - search 2003.
SilentKnight is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #6
xNetworx
So Fucking What
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Whore Island
Posts: 14,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayVega View Post
I been out for a while and I'm curious? Content creation? traffic generation? Social media?

Are Affiliate programs and TGP's still a thing? You guys still do Internext? Is Juicy D. links Still alive?

Someone fill me in please!
Banging cards, cams, dating, high quality exclusive content
xNetworx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #7
CourtneyR_FFN
FriendFinder Networks
 
CourtneyR_FFN's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Campbell, CA
Posts: 2,559
Dating and cams still crushing it.
__________________
CASH.FFN.COM
Skype : crudolphffn
CourtneyR_FFN is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:31 AM   #8
CaptainHowdy
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!
 
CaptainHowdy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Happy in the dark.
Posts: 77,813
See sig ...
CaptainHowdy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #9
thirdworldxxx
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Posts: 489
need content? hmu
__________________
Your #1 source for authentic Asian, Latin, Euro, and Shemale xxx content.
Email: [email protected]
Skype: diegocastles
thirdworldxxx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:18 PM   #10
dillfly2000
sextoyget.com
 
dillfly2000's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: My Bad
Posts: 1,762
Free cams specifically
__________________
CrakRevenue AdultFriendFinder Affiliate

Porn Friendly Casino Affiliate
Adult Casino Affiliate Reap the benefits of recurring lifetime sales from people popping in BIG dollars daily
dillfly2000 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:05 PM   #11
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 48,236
Dating isn't Adult.

So you're left with cams. Running sites or producing content will lose you money.
__________________
Paul Markham Content



Skype paulmarkham1
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #12
patadeperro
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 612
Automatinf the processes with software in the porn industry.
__________________
Start Automating Your Adult Video Uploads Using A Revolutionary New Software!

email me at webmaster (at) linksspy (dot) com
patadeperro is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #13
SIK
Confirmed User
 
SIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,308
Money doesn't buy happiness.
__________________
¤´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`¤ICQ:491 496 482
SIK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #14
Kittens
👏 REVOLUTIONARY 👏
 
Kittens's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNetworx View Post
Banging cards, cams, dating, high quality exclusive content
__________________

Looking for solo girl, babe, and glam sponsors that convert. PM me.
Kittens is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #15
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot
 
Rochard's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 45,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
Dating isn't Adult.

So you're left with cams. Running sites or producing content will lose you money.
Of course it is.

Dating anal lovers for anal sex
__________________
YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Richard Buss | Skype: rochardbuss

YNOT Mail Facebook Page
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #16
Holy Damage
Confirmed User
 
Holy Damage's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Between the legs
Posts: 232
Many answers with "doing well", "doing great" with cams/dating

What is doing great for you? 1k, 10k, 20k?
Holy Damage is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #17
Pseudonymous
Photographer/Owner
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
Dating isn't Adult.

So you're left with cams. Running sites or producing content will lose you money.
Interesting. Tell that to every network still launching new high end paysites that are profiting highly. Blacked, Nubiles, etc

Tell that to every cam model, instagram model or porn model that has her own site. Tell that to every person who supplies software dedicated to helping those social media models, cam models, pornstar achieve those high figures. Manyvids, modelcentro, onlyfans, i want clips, snapcentro, clips4sale is even still doing great. The industry changes as it matures and people think, its only cams, if youre referring to the types of businesses that started in 1999, yes, few remain. New types of businesses open up for people who have real business management skills, creative mindsets and were smart enough to not blow money when they had it. Or made it enough to not blow it all

I could make a solo site that still makes 5-10k a month tomorrow with little investment. Just need to be a little pickier with the model. Though I usually was
__________________
Ryan
Pseudonymous is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:51 PM   #18
emmasexytime
Confirmed User
 
emmasexytime's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
Interesting. Tell that to every network still launching new high end paysites that are profiting highly. Blacked, Nubiles, etc

Tell that to every cam model, instagram model or porn model that has her own site. Tell that to every person who supplies software dedicated to helping those social media models, cam models, pornstar achieve those high figures. Manyvids, modelcentro, onlyfans, i want clips, snapcentro, clips4sale is even still doing great. The industry changes as it matures and people think, its only cams, if youre referring to the types of businesses that started in 1999, yes, few remain. New types of businesses open up for people who have real business management skills, creative mindsets and were smart enough to not blow money when they had it. Or made it enough to not blow it all

I could make a solo site that still makes 5-10k a month tomorrow with little investment. Just need to be a little pickier with the model. Though I usually was

I agree. These are the 'new porn sites'. Girls from instagram and twitter self promoting and cutting out all 'middlemen'.

It is one of the reasons we made and are focusing on Directory | Find Cam Girls | Hottest Babes

We are giving these girls a free way to help promote them. So many want to be listed.
And on there we just make a few $$'s from cam affiliates & sex toys.



Tube sites are a waste of time as there are no so many. You might be able to get a little traffic to them but by the time you pay hosting costs it is hard to make good money with them. Adapt and improvise
Porn video doesnt load | NSFW Porn Memes
__________________

How to build an adult whitelabel website > http://webcamwhitelabels.com Free Do Follow Backlinks > http://nichepornsites.com
Voyeur > http://voyeurboss.com Memes > http://nsfwpornmemes.com Camgirls > http://findcamgirl.com
emmasexytime is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:14 PM   #19
GAMEFINEST
Make STACK$
 
GAMEFINEST's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: sexy time
Posts: 12,914
Cams and shemales
__________________

Cams.com – Earn up to $130 Per order / 35% revshare


SIG FOR SALE, Please PM me.
GAMEFINEST is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:58 PM   #20
emmasexytime
Confirmed User
 
emmasexytime's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 927
shemales?

really?
__________________

How to build an adult whitelabel website > http://webcamwhitelabels.com Free Do Follow Backlinks > http://nichepornsites.com
Voyeur > http://voyeurboss.com Memes > http://nsfwpornmemes.com Camgirls > http://findcamgirl.com
emmasexytime is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #21
Kittens
👏 REVOLUTIONARY 👏
 
Kittens's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 759
yo where can I find some shemales?
__________________

Looking for solo girl, babe, and glam sponsors that convert. PM me.
Kittens is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:01 PM   #22
Crak_Eric
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3rkules View Post
Adult dating and webcams are doing well for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyR_FFN View Post
Dating and cams still crushing it.
Yup. Truth!
__________________
Crak_Eric is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:41 PM   #23
money biz
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 703
penis pill trials
money biz is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:43 PM   #24
beavr
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 206
VR porn is booming. Make sure you are not too late
__________________
Ask me anything about VR. [Hiring] Content licensing person.

Big money in VR porn those days
beavr is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:52 AM   #25
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 48,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
That's a niche dating site. Mainstream is where most people go. Have you heard of Tinder?
__________________
Paul Markham Content



Skype paulmarkham1
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:56 AM   #26
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 48,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
Interesting. Tell that to every network still launching new high end paysites that are profiting highly. Blacked, Nubiles, etc
That's big existing sites hoping of getting new customers with some new material. Their existing affiliates will be the best ones marketing it.

Quote:
Tell that to every cam model, instagram model or porn model that has her own site. Tell that to every person who supplies software dedicated to helping those social media models, cam models, pornstar achieve those high figures. Manyvids, modelcentro, onlyfans, i want clips, snapcentro, clips4sale is even still doing great. The industry changes as it matures and people think, its only cams, if youre referring to the types of businesses that started in 1999, yes, few remain. New types of businesses open up for people who have real business management skills, creative mindsets and were smart enough to not blow money when they had it. Or made it enough to not blow it all

I could make a solo site that still makes 5-10k a month tomorrow with little investment. Just need to be a little pickier with the model. Though I usually was
Small beer. The new businesses are a fraction of what the old ones did. This is a thread by an old timer.
__________________
Paul Markham Content



Skype paulmarkham1
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:01 AM   #27
emmasexytime
Confirmed User
 
emmasexytime's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
That's a niche dating site. Mainstream is where most people go. Have you heard of Tinder?
Tinder has killed so much of the dating sites.
__________________

How to build an adult whitelabel website > http://webcamwhitelabels.com Free Do Follow Backlinks > http://nichepornsites.com
Voyeur > http://voyeurboss.com Memes > http://nsfwpornmemes.com Camgirls > http://findcamgirl.com
emmasexytime is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:43 AM   #28
Pseudonymous
Photographer/Owner
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
That's big existing sites hoping of getting new customers with some new material. Their existing affiliates will be the best ones marketing it.



Small beer. The new businesses are a fraction of what the old ones did. This is a thread by an old timer.
As far as the numbers the companies I mention are making, until you've seen their numbers, you are simply guessing as to what these companies I mention make. You would be very surprised. They would still be considered very successful 10 years ago. Sadly I can't take all the numbers and make them public and say told you so to all these people on this board who think there is no money to be made but I assure you, for anybody who knows their stuff, there is A LOT. Not in one or two areas either, more.

Blacked launched Blacked not all that long ago. The whole network is new. Also they didn't simply move their members to a new site when they launched a non interracial site as they are very much different customers. So you are wrong. Same goes with nubiles/nubilefilms and their latest sites. These are completely different markets. Is there crossover? Sure. The porn industry is only so big and only so many sites launching stuff. The same porn buyer is going to end up at another site they see promoting where they found the first one.

Small? How many companies are doing it? Sure. That's not because of it not being highly profitable. It's because most people are too unsure about it because they don't have the money to take a shot, they go in and put out feelers and do it half assed and tell themselves if it does well, they'll invest more, thats not how things work. You do it right out of the gate or it wont be successful. No such thing as spend half as much, see half the profit. Don't spend as much, make as good of a product ATLEAST, it will fail. Brands get alot of exposure on tube sites, if you spend 90 percent as much, you get 90 percent of the product and you are now below all the people who do things right and that means your videos aren't being looked at because of the algorithm, you do things better and spend that extra amount, you are now at or above their level and you are pushed to the top, because you are new, you get an even bigger boost and the more youre seen, the more the tubes reward that video/brand. This logic applies to more than just tubes, it's how you treat every single decision and step in building your site/s, marketing material and how you market it. Doing everything right puts you above the rest and the reward for being in the top percentile is very much still extremely lucrative. You're either a nobody or youre a somebody now and this industry that attracted the uneducated men with very little work ethic due to the low cost to startup and the ease in that money was made in years past is weeding out these types. Mainstream entities are coming in and taking over in the software side of things, they would also be taking over in the porn production area as well if they knew how or where to start. Sadly they do not, there is no room for a learning curve anymore, you will fail if you do not know out of the gate

None of the reasons why porn production isn't as rampant relate to how profitable they are when done right.

Anybody can come in and launch a good site and make alot of money, people not in this industry don't know how and the people in it who failed are doing other things and the remaining companies are still launching stuff. The fact you even mention affiliates shows how out of touch you are. Nobody needs or uses affiliates anymore, they're a thing of the past. It's a low cost, low reward feature so you include it but they are no the reason for any site's success these days. It's done via tube exposure and ad purchases (also mainly on tubes)

I know there are people who argue to find out more information than they currently have, a form of playing devils advocate, I hope this is the case here. And you truly are not firm on these opinions.

Though I do believe it's easier for alot of people to have these opinions as it makes it easier for them to cope with not making forward movement in the industry they are in/were in
__________________
Ryan
Pseudonymous is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:53 AM   #29
ilnjscb
Confirmed User
 
ilnjscb's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,008
Lots of mainstream businesses sell for 2 1/2 * cash flow. Burt you have to have the 500kUSD. Porn seems to be more like that now. You need to have some dough to make some, or be in a good spot.
ilnjscb is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:32 AM   #30
elmy
Confirmed User
 
elmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,943
upload ... see sig
__________________
elmy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #31
Ross
Ik ben een aap
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Traffic Force Towers, Canada!
Posts: 18,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Damage View Post
Many answers with "doing well", "doing great" with cams/dating

What is doing great for you? 1k, 10k, 20k?
It's relative to the individual. I know plenty of people dropping $20k a day just on traffic to cams, no idea on their returns but I bet it is significant.

Dating is making a strong comeback and contrary to what someone else posted, it defo is adult! Cams has always been solid. Male enhancement products are working very well, especially COD offers in alternative markets like Asia and South America.
__________________

ross at trafficforce dot com | Skype: Rosscoe17
Ross is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:56 AM   #32
st0ned
Confirmed User
 
st0ned's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,321
+1 for dating.
__________________
Conversion Sharks - 500+ adult dating offers, traffic management, and consistently high payouts.
We will guarantee and beat your current EPC to win your dating traffic!
Skype: ConversionSharks || Email: chris /@/ conversionsharks.com
st0ned is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:35 PM   #33
Pseudonymous
Photographer/Owner
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilnjscb View Post
Lots of mainstream businesses sell for 2 1/2 * cash flow. Burt you have to have the 500kUSD. Porn seems to be more like that now. You need to have some dough to make some, or be in a good spot.
Because the businesses that usually are sold in this industry are shells of their former self and at anytime, things could change and drop the income dramatically. On top of that, there is just more sense in investing money into something that could profit much higher since this industry will continue to be the easiest way to invest money.

Mainstream companies sell for more due to stability, how hard it is to start a company in mainstream and the larger buyer market
__________________
Ryan
Pseudonymous is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:04 PM   #34
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
As far as the numbers the companies I mention are making, until you've seen their numbers, you are simply guessing as to what these companies I mention make. You would be very surprised. They would still be considered very successful 10 years ago. Sadly I can't take all the numbers and make them public and say told you so to all these people on this board who think there is no money to be made but I assure you, for anybody who knows their stuff, there is A LOT. Not in one or two areas either, more.

Blacked launched Blacked not all that long ago. The whole network is new. Also they didn't simply move their members to a new site when they launched a non interracial site as they are very much different customers. So you are wrong. Same goes with nubiles/nubilefilms and their latest sites. These are completely different markets. Is there crossover? Sure. The porn industry is only so big and only so many sites launching stuff. The same porn buyer is going to end up at another site they see promoting where they found the first one.

Small? How many companies are doing it? Sure. That's not because of it not being highly profitable. It's because most people are too unsure about it because they don't have the money to take a shot, they go in and put out feelers and do it half assed and tell themselves if it does well, they'll invest more, thats not how things work. You do it right out of the gate or it wont be successful. No such thing as spend half as much, see half the profit. Don't spend as much, make as good of a product ATLEAST, it will fail. Brands get alot of exposure on tube sites, if you spend 90 percent as much, you get 90 percent of the product and you are now below all the people who do things right and that means your videos aren't being looked at because of the algorithm, you do things better and spend that extra amount, you are now at or above their level and you are pushed to the top, because you are new, you get an even bigger boost and the more youre seen, the more the tubes reward that video/brand. This logic applies to more than just tubes, it's how you treat every single decision and step in building your site/s, marketing material and how you market it. Doing everything right puts you above the rest and the reward for being in the top percentile is very much still extremely lucrative. You're either a nobody or youre a somebody now and this industry that attracted the uneducated men with very little work ethic due to the low cost to startup and the ease in that money was made in years past is weeding out these types. Mainstream entities are coming in and taking over in the software side of things, they would also be taking over in the porn production area as well if they knew how or where to start. Sadly they do not, there is no room for a learning curve anymore, you will fail if you do not know out of the gate

None of the reasons why porn production isn't as rampant relate to how profitable they are when done right.

Anybody can come in and launch a good site and make alot of money, people not in this industry don't know how and the people in it who failed are doing other things and the remaining companies are still launching stuff. The fact you even mention affiliates shows how out of touch you are. Nobody needs or uses affiliates anymore, they're a thing of the past. It's a low cost, low reward feature so you include it but they are no the reason for any site's success these days. It's done via tube exposure and ad purchases (also mainly on tubes)

I know there are people who argue to find out more information than they currently have, a form of playing devils advocate, I hope this is the case here. And you truly are not firm on these opinions.

Though I do believe it's easier for alot of people to have these opinions as it makes it easier for them to cope with not making forward movement in the industry they are in/were in
forget it - paul will never get that - i tried that too much - he lives in his own little world.
he does not even know what is much and what is little money.

he is just angry about all and everything and hates everyone who makes in this days more money in a year as he made in his whole working life.

the complete revenue what is made in this days WITH adult (maybe not by selling the prodtcs from the 90s) is around 20-50 times higher as ist was in the times paul remembers - when he got a very very little piece of the cake (what seemed for him as a big portion).
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:17 PM   #35
Kittens
👏 REVOLUTIONARY 👏
 
Kittens's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 759
Enough walls of text and answer me, damnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens View Post
yo where can I find some shemales?
__________________

Looking for solo girl, babe, and glam sponsors that convert. PM me.
Kittens is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:48 PM   #36
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 48,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasexytime View Post
Tinder has killed so much of the dating sites.
And Grinder.
__________________
Paul Markham Content



Skype paulmarkham1
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:49 PM   #37
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 48,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
As far as the numbers the companies I mention are making, until you've seen their numbers, you are simply guessing as to what these companies I mention make. You would be very surprised. They would still be considered very successful 10 years ago. Sadly I can't take all the numbers and make them public and say told you so to all these people on this board who think there is no money to be made but I assure you, for anybody who knows their stuff, there is A LOT. Not in one or two areas either, more.

Blacked launched Blacked not all that long ago. The whole network is new. Also they didn't simply move their members to a new site when they launched a non interracial site as they are very much different customers. So you are wrong. Same goes with nubiles/nubilefilms and their latest sites. These are completely different markets. Is there crossover? Sure. The porn industry is only so big and only so many sites launching stuff. The same porn buyer is going to end up at another site they see promoting where they found the first one.

Small? How many companies are doing it? Sure. That's not because of it not being highly profitable. It's because most people are too unsure about it because they don't have the money to take a shot, they go in and put out feelers and do it half assed and tell themselves if it does well, they'll invest more, thats not how things work. You do it right out of the gate or it wont be successful. No such thing as spend half as much, see half the profit. Don't spend as much, make as good of a product ATLEAST, it will fail. Brands get alot of exposure on tube sites, if you spend 90 percent as much, you get 90 percent of the product and you are now below all the people who do things right and that means your videos aren't being looked at because of the algorithm, you do things better and spend that extra amount, you are now at or above their level and you are pushed to the top, because you are new, you get an even bigger boost and the more youre seen, the more the tubes reward that video/brand. This logic applies to more than just tubes, it's how you treat every single decision and step in building your site/s, marketing material and how you market it. Doing everything right puts you above the rest and the reward for being in the top percentile is very much still extremely lucrative. You're either a nobody or youre a somebody now and this industry that attracted the uneducated men with very little work ethic due to the low cost to startup and the ease in that money was made in years past is weeding out these types. Mainstream entities are coming in and taking over in the software side of things, they would also be taking over in the porn production area as well if they knew how or where to start. Sadly they do not, there is no room for a learning curve anymore, you will fail if you do not know out of the gate

None of the reasons why porn production isn't as rampant relate to how profitable they are when done right.

Anybody can come in and launch a good site and make alot of money, people not in this industry don't know how and the people in it who failed are doing other things and the remaining companies are still launching stuff. The fact you even mention affiliates shows how out of touch you are. Nobody needs or uses affiliates anymore, they're a thing of the past. It's a low cost, low reward feature so you include it but they are no the reason for any site's success these days. It's done via tube exposure and ad purchases (also mainly on tubes)

I know there are people who argue to find out more information than they currently have, a form of playing devils advocate, I hope this is the case here. And you truly are not firm on these opinions.

Though I do believe it's easier for alot of people to have these opinions as it makes it easier for them to cope with not making forward movement in the industry they are in/were in
So why is the industry shrinking in the terms of affiliates?
__________________
Paul Markham Content



Skype paulmarkham1
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:54 PM   #38
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 48,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
forget it - paul will never get that - i tried that too much - he lives in his own little world.
he does not even know what is much and what is little money.

he is just angry about all and everything and hates everyone who makes in this days more money in a year as he made in his whole working life.

the complete revenue what is made in this days WITH adult (maybe not by selling the prodtcs from the 90s) is around 20-50 times higher as ist was in the times paul remembers - when he got a very very little piece of the cake (what seemed for him as a big portion).
So why are their fewer and fewer affiliates? Don't deny their isn't boards are dead, dying or long gone. Shows are tiny compared to a few years ago and mostly non porn sites. Never seen you at a show.

In fact give us some piece of the industry being 20-50 times higher. Not ad selling as that's not an indicator, we want to see actual paysites.
__________________
Paul Markham Content



Skype paulmarkham1
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:56 PM   #39
Pseudonymous
Photographer/Owner
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
So why is the industry shrinking in the terms of affiliates?
They were forced to adapt and change, they did not. Google penalized them for not learning how to adapt and continuing oldschool techniques instead of learning how to properly manage a business and invest into new ways to offer the produce they provide. Affiliate sites could always convert, it's that they lost their form of getting traffic, which was mainly capitalizing on using the paysites/models brand in Google. When that could no longer work, sales decreased. Which caused them to spend less, making them spiral even faster. Very similar reason why a lot of paysite owners died off. There are several ways to deal with a declining business and those who do not have the experience or business management skills generally get anxiety/afraid and spend less vs what they should be doing, spending more and learning how things have changed and what they can do.

Anyway it was their traffic that disappeared. Reason: Google. Link exchanges could no longer work either because their trade partners also depended on search engine traffic.

Affiliates killed themselves off by not adapting. With all the traffic TGPs had, freeones had, etc etc - they could have became the next pornhub. They did not.

It allowed tubes to walk in and crush them. I dont think i saw a single tgp change until they were frantically wondering what the hell to do because they've lost the majority of their traffic/sales

TGPs offered sample videos and the best pics from every set, now its tubes that do.

We consider tubes an affiliate, so if you do as well, I dont believe it has shrunk that much, there just aren't as many because they have more traffic per property.

What does affiliates no longer being able to receive traffic to fuel their blogs/tgps and other stupid sites have to do with how paysites sell? Paysites can still use pornhub/tubes which has as much traffic as affiliates. We have to pay for adspace, yes. But we also reach far more people in one space. Videos also get user uploaded and brand it that way, without having to pay.

Companies are also working together to receive more traffic/sales. This is something you did not see before, as an industry matures, you see change, it went from small fish feeding big fish, now its big fish feeding big fish and no need for small fish. It costs more to get in and you also make more. Like all maturing industries. Might seem dead when you were deeply involved with the people on the lower spectrum of things, affiliate died off, small paysites died off so I understand why it may appear that way but it's simply not the way it is. Businesses require more work and managing people with actual degrees, who have little adult experience. Because they are cheaper and because the task of ad management is done better by somebody who understands numbers, critical thinking, task efficiency, data reports, etc. - They do not have the time to talk on the boards, so the boards are empty with those who were not able to find roles
__________________
Ryan
Pseudonymous is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:24 AM   #40
SIK
Confirmed User
 
SIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens View Post
yo where can I find some shemales?
In the mirror.
ba dum tssssss
__________________
¤´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`¤ICQ:491 496 482
SIK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:40 AM   #41
Paul&John
Confirmed User
 
Paul&John's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: YUROP
Posts: 7,143
Cams cams cams
__________________
Watch Free Adult Webcams at CamsMaps.com
Paysites do sell, check out SkyWireCash!
Paul&John is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:09 AM   #42
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 48,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
They were forced to adapt and change, they did not. Google penalized them for not learning how to adapt and continuing oldschool techniques instead of learning how to properly manage a business and invest into new ways to offer the produce they provide. Affiliate sites could always convert, it's that they lost their form of getting traffic, which was mainly capitalizing on using the paysites/models brand in Google. When that could no longer work, sales decreased. Which caused them to spend less, making them spiral even faster. Very similar reason why a lot of paysite owners died off. There are several ways to deal with a declining business and those who do not have the experience or business management skills generally get anxiety/afraid and spend less vs what they should be doing, spending more and learning how things have changed and what they can do.

Anyway it was their traffic that disappeared. Reason: Google. Link exchanges could no longer work either because their trade partners also depended on search engine traffic.

Affiliates killed themselves off by not adapting. With all the traffic TGPs had, freeones had, etc etc - they could have became the next pornhub. They did not.

It allowed tubes to walk in and crush them. I dont think i saw a single tgp change until they were frantically wondering what the hell to do because they've lost the majority of their traffic/sales

TGPs offered sample videos and the best pics from every set, now its tubes that do.

We consider tubes an affiliate, so if you do as well, I dont believe it has shrunk that much, there just aren't as many because they have more traffic per property.

What does affiliates no longer being able to receive traffic to fuel their blogs/tgps and other stupid sites have to do with how paysites sell? Paysites can still use pornhub/tubes which has as much traffic as affiliates. We have to pay for adspace, yes. But we also reach far more people in one space. Videos also get user uploaded and brand it that way, without having to pay.

Companies are also working together to receive more traffic/sales. This is something you did not see before, as an industry matures, you see change, it went from small fish feeding big fish, now its big fish feeding big fish and no need for small fish. It costs more to get in and you also make more. Like all maturing industries. Might seem dead when you were deeply involved with the people on the lower spectrum of things, affiliate died off, small paysites died off so I understand why it may appear that way but it's simply not the way it is. Businesses require more work and managing people with actual degrees, who have little adult experience. Because they are cheaper and because the task of ad management is done better by somebody who understands numbers, critical thinking, task efficiency, data reports, etc. - They do not have the time to talk on the boards, so the boards are empty with those who were not able to find roles
I do support you in the part about the industry maturing and small sites are all but gone. Still even the big sites can't compete with free and pirating of their own movies.

https://thepiratebay.org/browse/500/0/7/0

https://www.pornhub.com/video?o=mv&cc=cz

This is where the traffic that used to convert at 1-200 has gone. It now converts at 1-30,000 + views. Ads convert so badly that few can make it work, because they offer something worse than the site they left.

I give proof, you give a wall off text.
__________________
Paul Markham Content



Skype paulmarkham1
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:19 AM   #43
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post

I give proof, you give a wall off text.
yes - proof of your stupidy !

better go to the city park and feed the pigeons.
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:26 AM   #44
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 48,236
The problem with porn is that it can't do anything new and still retain mass appeal and keep it off pirate sites and Tubes. It's basically boy fucks girl, girl fuck girl, solo girl and the men fuck men. Mainstream niches are shooting the same scenes over and over again for decades, long before the Internet.

When those scenes or very similar are given away for free you get 1117 seeds and 478 leechers or free views in the 10s of millions. HD made no difference, VR makes no difference so what can be done to rescue the mainstay of the porn industry?
__________________
Paul Markham Content



Skype paulmarkham1
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:40 AM   #45
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
So why are their fewer and fewer affiliates? Don't deny their isn't boards are dead, dying or long gone.
there aren´t fewer affiliates you moron.
but affiliates are not any more people who do websites.
affiliates today are big media buying companies with a mass of employees.
and true - this guys do not know how to get traffic but they know MUCH better how to convert it.

Quote:
Shows are tiny compared to a few years ago and mostly non porn sites. Never seen you at a show.
where did you get this information from ?

the affiliate world shows in berlin, barcelona, bangkok and wherever are shows with thousands of attendees. and yes 1/3 of them is adult.

andreas and walter with their summits do have problems to find hotels big enough.

what a fuck are you talking about ?

Quote:
In fact give us some piece of the industry being 20-50 times higher. Not ad selling as that's not an indicator, we want to see actual paysites.
why are you nailed on paysites?
yes there are still some bringing money - and I can see even a growth in the past 2 years. but this paysites are just a fraction of what is sold on porn.

and yes they do not have much affiliates anymore because even adultwebmasters learned that they can make more money by selling more products and leave the risk on the one who pays for the advertising.

additionally the really big sites have own media buying teams (some of them are HUGE)
they are no longer dependent on direct-affiliates.

in the old times we had in example in the german market like 10.000 who made some money with adult. now we have maybe 500 big ones left. and they make MUCH more as the 10.000 together.

it is a question of going with the market and not against it.
you are not able to go with the market because you do not have skills for it.
but this is what business is. the smart ones survive the dumb ones are crying and wish back the good old times.
this is in every biz like that - and you are the proof.
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:55 AM   #46
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 48,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
there aren´t fewer affiliates you moron.
but affiliates are not any more people who do websites.
affiliates today are big media buying companies with a mass of employees.
and true - this guys do not know how to get traffic but they know MUCH better how to convert it.
Arwe they buying traffic that converts at 1-300?



Quote:
where did you get this information from ?

the affiliate world shows in berlin, barcelona, bangkok and wherever are shows with thousands of attendees. and yes 1/3 of them is adult.
From visiting shows and what is said on boards.

Quote:
why are you nailed on paysites?
yes there are still some bringing money - and I can see even a growth in the past 2 years. but this paysites are just a fraction of what is sold on porn.
So you admit they have gone from being the mainstay of porn to a fraction. What has replaced their sales?

Quote:
and yes they do not have much affiliates anymore because even adultwebmasters learned that they can make more money by selling more products and leave the risk on the one who pays for the advertising.

additionally the really big sites have own media buying teams (some of them are HUGE)
they are no longer dependent on direct-affiliates.

in the old times we had in example in the german market like 10.000 who made some money with adult. now we have maybe 500 big ones left. and they make MUCH more as the 10.000 together.

it is a question of going with the market and not against it.
you are not able to go with the market because you do not have skills for it.
but this is what business is. the smart ones survive the dumb ones are crying and wish back the good old times.
this is in every biz like that - and you are the proof.
What big sites are buying Ad spots? Name them as they must be known by their ads. The big sites own porn tubes. Or deal direct with them.

I agree with you about going with the industry, something I did continually through my career, unlike you. I retired because of my health and age with enough to see me out in comfort. Can't stay here long because I have to go for dialysis in a few minutes.

Unlike you and Pseudonymous I give links to where the traffic is. you write a wall of text. My taxi is here. Bye.
__________________
Paul Markham Content



Skype paulmarkham1
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:28 AM   #47
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
Arwe they buying traffic that converts at 1-300?
if you talk about clicks - even less.
but it would lead to far to explain you a biz model what is FAAAR ahead of you knowledge.

Quote:
From visiting shows and what is said on boards.
how many boards do you know beside GFY ?
there are TONNS of bid affiliate boards out there with thousands and thousands of active members who do not care what product they sell.

only affiliatefix.com (what is just one of them) have around 100 k members and mostly like 1000 online.

Quote:
So you admit they have gone from being the mainstay of porn to a fraction. What has replaced their sales?
dating, gaming, gambling, enhancement products, mobile apps, physical products, holidays, crypto and of course still a few paysites.
but then even bigger market are people who do not focus on ANY markets.
sweepstakes, incentives - alone this 2 biz models are 10 times bigger as the porn industry ever was.

Quote:
What big sites are buying Ad spots? Name them as they must be known by their ads. The big sites own porn tubes. Or deal direct with them.
why should i name them ? do you think I will write here the names of my buyers or anybody else do it?
but if you mean the really BIG sites in porn I can tell you that ALL of them are buying ads and/or working with big media buying companies what have the skills and know how to convert.

Quote:
I agree with you about going with the industry, something I did continually through my career, unlike you. I retired because of my health and age with enough to see me out in comfort. Can't stay here long because I have to go for dialysis in a few minutes.
your big thinking error is that you see the stuff you produced as the product.
if the movie industry in the world would see that the same way they would be bankrupt already.

the longterm big money in any kind of movie production is made directly or indirectly with advertising.
so not the customer is paying for the content but the advertiser will do it.
not even a cinema (where people pay to go in) could live without advertising because the entrance fee would double up.


Quote:
Unlike you and Pseudonymous I give links to where the traffic is. you write a wall of text. My taxi is here. Bye.
what kind of links do you want?
links to pornhub and pirate bay ?

for what?

pornhub alone buys more movies than all paysites together.
they give jobs and pay more money to their employees as 1000nds of affiliates make together.

where do you think does this money come from? and do you REALLY believe that advertisers would pay it when they could not make profit with it?

sorry about the dialyses thing. take care - I still want to fight with you a bit longer.
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:35 AM   #48
JFK
FUBAR the ORIGINATOR
 
JFK's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: FUBARLAND
Posts: 66,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyR_FFN View Post
Dating and cams still crushing it.
So is Courtney !
__________________

Speed up your business with AWE!
FUBAR Webmasters - The FUBAR Times - The FUBAR Calendar - FUBAR Webmasters Mobile - Radio.XXX - FUBARTV.XXX
For promo opps contact jfk at fubarwebmasters dot com
JFK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:33 AM   #49
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
They were forced to adapt and change, they did not. Google penalized them for not learning how to adapt and continuing oldschool techniques instead of learning how to properly manage a business and invest into new ways to offer the produce they provide. Affiliate sites could always convert, it's that they lost their form of getting traffic, which was mainly capitalizing on using the paysites/models brand in Google. When that could no longer work, sales decreased. Which caused them to spend less, making them spiral even faster. Very similar reason why a lot of paysite owners died off. There are several ways to deal with a declining business and those who do not have the experience or business management skills generally get anxiety/afraid and spend less vs what they should be doing, spending more and learning how things have changed and what they can do.

Anyway it was their traffic that disappeared. Reason: Google. Link exchanges could no longer work either because their trade partners also depended on search engine traffic.

Affiliates killed themselves off by not adapting. With all the traffic TGPs had, freeones had, etc etc - they could have became the next pornhub. They did not.

It allowed tubes to walk in and crush them. I dont think i saw a single tgp change until they were frantically wondering what the hell to do because they've lost the majority of their traffic/sales

TGPs offered sample videos and the best pics from every set, now its tubes that do.

We consider tubes an affiliate, so if you do as well, I dont believe it has shrunk that much, there just aren't as many because they have more traffic per property.

What does affiliates no longer being able to receive traffic to fuel their blogs/tgps and other stupid sites have to do with how paysites sell? Paysites can still use pornhub/tubes which has as much traffic as affiliates. We have to pay for adspace, yes. But we also reach far more people in one space. Videos also get user uploaded and brand it that way, without having to pay.

Companies are also working together to receive more traffic/sales. This is something you did not see before, as an industry matures, you see change, it went from small fish feeding big fish, now its big fish feeding big fish and no need for small fish. It costs more to get in and you also make more. Like all maturing industries. Might seem dead when you were deeply involved with the people on the lower spectrum of things, affiliate died off, small paysites died off so I understand why it may appear that way but it's simply not the way it is. Businesses require more work and managing people with actual degrees, who have little adult experience. Because they are cheaper and because the task of ad management is done better by somebody who understands numbers, critical thinking, task efficiency, data reports, etc. - They do not have the time to talk on the boards, so the boards are empty with those who were not able to find roles
it is very refreshing to read some lines from someone who tries to see the situation from a neutral and logic perspective instead of crying around and try to make others guilty for own mistakes.

the problem in adult is that there was a time when everybody could make money with it because everybody had the same skills (: zero).

when i started in 1997 i could make my dog a successful webmaster and i was one of the idiots making a lot of money and did not even know why.

That business became harder was not only a reason of a cheaper audience (when internet became cheaper) it was also divided in 3 groups:

Group 1 was unable to learn. they just made accidentally the right thing at the right time and thought it will go on forever.

Group 2 are the people without own ideas. They want to look forward but they do not have the empathy and marketing knowledge to create something own and unique.
I call them the copiers. An because copying is easy the numbers of copies can be endless.
They are ending up sharing a quite big cake but with too many other copiers.

Group 3 are the people with the long term view - willing to learn and observing the market. Those are the winners because they took all what others did not even see.
They invested the money instead of spending it and they are the ones with the skills, the tools and the manpower.

Most of them are companies meanwhile and they will probably not even read here.

for people who are thinking that GFY or any other adult board is representing the adult industry it really looks like the adult industry is getting down year by year.
but if they would have the complete view they would realize that the opposite is the case.

sure - in these days you will not find many who make 100 k per year - because they split into one group what makes less than 10 k per year an the other group what makes a few million.

overseeing this facts is the reason of wrong convictions as paul´s.
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:13 AM   #50
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 48,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
dating, gaming, gambling, enhancement products, mobile apps, physical products, holidays, crypto and of course still a few paysites.
but then even bigger market are people who do not focus on ANY markets.
sweepstakes, incentives - alone this 2 biz models are 10 times bigger as the porn industry ever was.
So you include other industries to prove your point.

Then I will do the same about any media where a camera is used. Movies, TV, Cable, Cams and porn are still bigger than businesses advertising them.



Quote:
why should i name them ? do you think I will write here the names of my buyers or anybody else do it?
but if you mean the really BIG sites in porn I can tell you that ALL of them are buying ads and/or working with big media buying companies what have the skills and know how to convert.
I didn't ask for names of your buyers. I asked for names, I already have found the lame ducks you advertise for in porn. It proves you make less than we did from porn.



Quote:
your big thinking error is that you see the stuff you produced as the product.
if the movie industry in the world would see that the same way they would be bankrupt already.
So they don't care about people downloading for free?

Quote:
the longterm big money in any kind of movie production is made directly or indirectly with advertising.
so not the customer is paying for the content but the advertiser will do it.
not even a cinema (where people pay to go in) could live without advertising because the entrance fee would double up.
Bullshit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...grossing_films

Quote:
what kind of links do you want?
links to pornhub and pirate bay ?

for what?
Links to anyone advertising to prove you're right.

Quote:
pornhub alone buys more movies than all paysites together.
they give jobs and pay more money to their employees as 1000nds of affiliates make together.

where do you think does this money come from? and do you REALLY believe that advertisers would pay it when they could not make profit with it?
Are you saying they now produce more content than was produced in 2000? Or they make more money than the porn industry did in 2000? I will give you that the business has now changed, the days of 1,000s of people making a living from fair to good to amazing are long gone. To be replaced by people very good at scraping dollars from traffic that costs $30 for 6,000 clicks from sites that have a rate of clicks per views sucks. Mainstream is complaining about it all the time. Newspapers have been gutted. The days of them exposing real scandals like Watergate, Child abuse, PENTAGON PAPERS, etc. https://www.google.com/search?ei=sRL....0.Ryi-9iQ4ouM

Because free newspapers can't afford to do in depth investigations. Which ones are supported by ads? Both, but offline advertising paid more so they could dig deeper.

Quote:
sorry about the dialyses thing. take care - I still want to fight with you a bit longer.
I will give you that the growth of all advertising dwarfs the porn industry. That was true in the beginning of adverts to today. But in porn, films, cams, dating that falls into the porn sector, isn't going to replace the billions made from selling magazines and films. What you are saying is stupid. You are trying to claim advertising is bigger than people paying for the product. Then all the sites would go out of business.
__________________
Paul Markham Content



Skype paulmarkham1
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >

Bookmarks

Tags
programs, guys, affiliate, tgps, fill, pleasethumbsup, alive, links, juicy, internext, generation, days, adult, money, traffic, social, creation, content, curious, media
Thread Tools




©2000-, AVN Media Network Inc



Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000- Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.