View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 01:45 PM  
NYRangers
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazyDream
4. What's the most amount of money you've bet on one hand gambling? Discuss
Unfortunately that amount is $6,000. It started as $3,000 but doubled under peer pressure from David van der Poel. Of course when it comes to David I usually lose. I have never won a bet that he was involved in. The sad part is I can't get angry about it because I love David. So here I am playing Pai Gow in Vegas and David walks by. He has never played before but decides to sit down and learn. David plays extreme. He doesn't care about the rules, he has his own. You can't argue with them because they work and when he plays he wins. So at this time I am also up pretty good so he encourages me to go extreme. One hand later I went from being up a nice large sum of money to much less. Thank God he walked away so I could win again.

I love to gamble but I am not a Vegas bigshot. I tend to stick with $25, $50 and $100 bets except at the craps table which could jump pretty quickly.