View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:40 PM  
NYRangers
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazyDream

2. Why do you like to see children get injured in Germany?
It's difficult having Rinaldo's mangina flashing on a banner while trying to type a response but here goes...

Contrary to what many might think is the obvious answer it has nothing to do with WWII or scheise videos. Germany has actually contributed some good things to the world. One of them being the greatest form of entertainment on earth, THE DEVIL WHEEL!

I will get someone to hopefully post some pictures or video of this amazing piece of technology. Let me preface my explanation by saying the Devil Wheel doesn't discriminate between children, adults, males or females.

The scene is Oktoberfest in Munich. The beers have been flowing and the feeling is good. Walking down one of the huge fairways you encounter many rides, games, food stands and places the get schnapps. But there is only Devil Wheel. Walking up to this tent the first thing you encounter is a nun ready to take your 3 Euro entrance fee. After paying the best 3 Euros you could ever spend you go in to paradise. There are wooden bleacher seats on the right and left side of the "playing field" full of future contestants. Along the back wall is a raised booth containing an announcer and the man with the greatest job in the world. The "playing field" is a rectangular area with two foot high padded walls around it. In the center is a slanted circular part of the floor that spins. Now what will happen is the announcer will call a particular group of people. Lets take girls between 8 and 14. When he makes this announcement you would think the last kid in is executed. They fight each other for position until the wheel starts spinning. As the wheel starts people start flying off into the wall. Then the wheel starts going faster throwing more people off. It gets to a point where even the speed won't throw the people off. This is where the man with the greatest job in the world comes into play. Hanging over the circle is a pendulum ball. This guy controls this ball that now starts swinging back and forth, mostly at head level. This would make a good Mastercard commercial because it really is priceless. As people are getting smacked in the head and smacking into others it's hard to keep from wetting yourself. Believe it or not it gets to a point where there are 2 or 3 people left that are able to avoid the ball and the spinning. So there are two guys with thick ropes that then try and rip the people off until one is left standing. Then there is the winner.....who gets nothing!!!!

I encourage everyone to see this, it really can't be described as good as it is in person. We will be doing another trip to Oktoberfest next year. Had a blast with many people from the biz this year. Can't wait until next year.