View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 12:45 PM  
Nysus
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
:2cents Derogatory use of words hahahaha Immaturity

Well, I thought I had found a better place than GFY where derogatory words weren't acceptable, though I was wrong; this place was the IRC chatroom for "gfy" which isn't even recognized by Adult.com / GFY.com as far as I know, though I suppose they'd fit well together.

Since it was a public chatroom though, I'm posting the logs of what happened ... enjoy. I hope people who believe that derogatory use of words will stand up and post in here, I'm sure everyone who use language in a potentially hurtful on a regular basis will come in here and laugh.. I hope you do, and then I'll at least know who you are; and you should take the advice I mentioned in the IRC channel.

[15:24] <justin> they are fags
[15:24] <fuze> most the places I've lived have no local police.
[15:24] <fuze> the rcmp is it
[15:24] * justin was kicked by Nysus (Don't be derogatory)
[15:24] * justin has joined #gfy
[15:24] <fuze> so no matter how small your police matter is
[15:24] * ChanServ sets mode: +o justin
[15:25] * Furious_Female sets mode: +v justin
[15:25] <fuze> it's rcmp
[15:25] <Nysus> fuze, no
[15:25] <Nysus> but yes
[15:25] * You were kicked from #gfy by MasterNappy (FF and I are the authority here.. learn it)
[15:25] * Rejoined channel #gfy
[15:25] * Topic is 'Go Metrics! > http://www.metrication.com/ | I wear my sunglasses at night | Mouse is now a father ;] | Men love Nappy <333333 4ever | 8/17/05 @ 8:95 am randy stephen was born ;] 9 lbs. (whoa!) 20 3/4's inches and healthy as possible ;] ;] ;] ;] p.s. c-section'
[15:25] * Set by mouse_hosp on Thu Aug 18 08:18:53
[15:25] * Furious_Female sets mode: +v Nysus
[15:25] <fuze> just think it's kind of funny to compare them to the fbi when they're the ones I call when my car gets broken into
[15:25] <Nysus> Furious_Female, do you like people using derogatory use of words?
[15:25] <Nysus> MasterNappy, do you?
[15:26] <fuze> there's no OPP in every province ;)
[15:26] <Nysus> fuze, no, but they head police is rcmp..
[15:26] <Nysus> MasterNappy, if you support derogatory use of words then i'll start my own channel, otherwise stop people from doing it; there's no reason for it
[15:26] <Furious_Female> I condone any and all profanity and valugarity, especially if its used towards me
[15:27] <aftershockmedia> whats derogatory?
[15:27] <fuze> no you don't
[15:27] <MasterNappy> lol
[15:27] <fuze> you got mad at me
[15:27] <MasterNappy> Nysus: I hate when a new guy comes in here and just because we give him ops he thinks he can go on a fucking power trip
[15:27] <Nysus> Furious_Female, profanity and valugarity have nothing to do with derogatory words
[15:27] <Furious_Female> I make exceptions for you fuze
[15:27] <Furious_Female> you dont like the word fag I take it
[15:28] <Nysus> MasterNappy, booting 1 person because they used said a derogatory word is a power trip ?
[15:28] <MasterNappy> booting a regular is
[15:28] * fris has joined #gfy
[15:28] * ChanServ sets mode: +o fris
[15:28] <MasterNappy> he's here all the time, you are not
[15:28] * Furious_Female sets mode: +v fris
[15:28] <Nysus> Furious_Female, not used in a derogatory manner; a hateful manner
[15:28] <Furious_Female> you're just in time fris
[15:28] <fris> hehe
[15:28] <fris> not staying long
[15:28] <aftershockmedia> cant we all just get along.
[15:28] <Nysus> aftershockmedia, no, that's why the world is fucked up and how it is
[15:28] <Furious_Female> I dont think anyone in here is hateful
[15:29] <fuze> i think some people are taking the irc kick function too seriously
[15:29] <aftershockmedia> ok sorry had to say that.
[15:29] <Nysus> so why use it? if it's being said, it's being said
[15:29] <fris> not even me :p
[15:29] <Nysus> "[15:24] <justin> they are fags"
[15:29] <Pubenemy> i hate my ex wife, does that acount?
[15:29] <MasterNappy> justin said the rcmp were fags.. and nysus got pissy
[15:29] <fris> everyone gets along here
[15:29] <fris> or get out
[15:29] <Furious_Female> dad's mad O_O
[15:29] <fris> why would someone get pissy over that
[15:29] * vvq has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
[15:30] <MasterNappy> lol.. because they have no skin?
[15:30] <Furious_Female> someone is sensitive
[15:30] <fuze> i'm inclined to agree
[15:30] <Nysus> fris, it's hate.
[15:30] <fuze> they've never done anything for me
[15:30] <Pubenemy> fags?
[15:30] <Nysus> so, you only respect people who have made you money, or been beneficial to you?
[15:30] <aftershockmedia> Nysus the use of fags in itself is not hate. hell I know plety of fags and even more gay people.
[15:30] <fris> i will say shit, hahahahahaha, hahahaha, spic, paki, fuck, i dont care, cops are pigs.
[15:31] <MasterNappy> hmm.. where did we say that Nysus?
[15:31] <fuze> no, but I disrespect people who have gone out of their way to harass me
[15:31] <MasterNappy> now your jumping to conclusion
[15:31] <fris> doesnt change what kind of person i am
[15:31] <Nysus> aftershockmedia, fag and fags is a word, the way the word is used can be, or cannot be derogatory; Justin used it in a derogatory manner, as do many others in here
[15:31] <Furious_Female> Ok only problem is... if we censor one word, we have to censor all prejudices, vulgarities, profanities, opinions, and feelings because everyone has something they say or feel that people will not agree with
[15:31] <MasterNappy> well Nysus.. we're not in high school anymore, we're all big kids, and we can handle other people using bad language
[15:32] <Nysus> fuze, and the RCMP or gay men have gone out of their way to harass you?
[15:32] <fuze> the rcmp have
[15:32] <Nysus> and so you can't just call them assholes?
[15:32] <fuze> I didn't call them anything actually
[15:32] <fuze> I just agreed with a negative statement
[15:32] <Nysus> Furious_Female, yes, so why cause or create any possibility of anger?
[15:33] <aftershockmedia> i really do not go for censorship of even the most obscene or derogatory speach. Even if it personally hits home.
[15:33] <MasterNappy> noone is angry
[15:33] <Nysus> yes, I am
[15:33] <fuze> but I also use the terms "fag" and "gay" for negativity
[15:33] <Furious_Female> You're the only one enciting anger here
[15:33] <fris> fuze i was watching jerry lewis true hollywood story hes jewish, he got called down to the office during the whole nazi thing the principle asked him, "whats with all the jews" jerry punched him inthe face got expelled
[15:33] <MasterNappy> Nysus: get over it and get over yourself
[15:33] <aftershockmedia> i would be more upset with the censor than the speaker.
[15:33] <Pubenemy> this is getting too much like the forum with this drama
[15:34] <fris> ya i come here to get away from the forum
[15:34] <MasterNappy> you may as well be some christian finatic pressing your law on everything Nysus
[15:34] <fris> if you want drama post on gfy
[15:34] <fris> dont bring it here
[15:34] <Nysus> wow - was I ever wrong about you people. MasterNappy, you need to grow up, become more mature, and a better person; learn that there's no need to use language that could potentially hurt someone's feelings; I'm standing up for those people, if you want to call me a baby for that, then you're just more immature.
[15:34] <MasterNappy> screaming for the authority to protect your ears
[15:34] <Nysus> anyway, i'm leaving, no need to kick me
[15:34] * fris sets mode: +b *!*matt@*.xxxxxx.net
[15:34] * You were kicked from #gfy by fris (stop.)

This happened all within a 10 minute period and prior to that I thought everyone in there were more decent people than they seem to be.

It's quite immature; I linked the word to the thesaurus so everyone can see what other words could be used, maybe will help expand some peoples' minds and maybe some people will realize more indepth the meaning of immature.

Matt
Nysus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote