View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 03:49 PM  
Aly
President, ePufferProfits

Industry Role:
5. Talk about your passion for boats and the water and histroy therein.

-----------------

I've had a life-long love affair with water... Which is quite a practical notion when you think about it... Human beings belong near water, it's rather important to our survival (unless you're in Phuket, but that's another story). I spent my childhood in boats and bodies of water of various shapes and sizes and love the freedom of both. I love the release of leaving land behind and the silence when you stick your head underwater and hold your breath for as long as possible.

Recently, Ms. KimmyKim 'volunteered' me as crew for a race here in July. I'm on Bow. Now, seeing as I have a sailing certificate that I obtained from sailing dinghys in Lake Ontario, I took a rather cavalier approach to the tasks at hand... at first... until I rapidly realised I really didn't have a clue when it comes to 35 foot racing boats! We're practising like crazy... I'm covered in bruises... I took a spinnaker pole to the head on Saturday... and I LOVE IT! It made me wonder momentarily if I might be a bit of a masochist (not that there's anything wrong with that) but then I realised that if I really liked pain that much I'd actually go out and BUY A BOAT instead. ;)

Funnily enough, I also love skydiving... Water and Air.... hmmm... perhaps I just don't like dirt.

Aly's ICQ: 51504163 . Aly's Email: [email protected]
Aly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote