View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 02:44 PM  
FightThisPatent
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHawg
FTP...We are not a primary producer for any of the content on HawgsCash. It was all licensed content we had purchased from other content producers. So the people we BOUGHT the content from are on the hook for 5 years, if I understand it correctly.

you are correct.... so those afilliates that have sexually explicit images that were provided to them, need to take them down for their own peace of mind.

i can understand your biz decision... there is ALOT of work to do to be 2257 compliant, and even if you had the manpower to make all the tweaks and changes on your sites to be compliant, you are still at the mercy of the content producers to respond to you in a timely manner, *if* they are even in the position of giving out 2257 info.

since you are wanting to shut down, why not take the slash and burn approach?

start a new program with all new content, that this time, you know will be 2257 compliant, and setup your internal environment for 2257 compliance, and you can continue to operate an adult biz. You also have options to incorporate overseas (i know a few offshore attorneys).

2257 is a record keeping statue.. no different than other statutes that govern over businesses.... the major difference is that this statute is written for the intent to shutdown adult sites, but the burdensome responsibilities of the regs would most likely get struck down.

the remaining 2257 regs are ones that aren't too hard to follow, if you are starting new.

if you have not been compliant with the 10 year old statute, then there is alot of work to do to catch up.

so if you are thinking to just shutdown completely due to the heavy burdens of being 2257 compliant with your existing program.. then start a new one, and do it right from the beginning.

Fight the second chances!

http://www.t3report.com
(where's the traffic?) v5.0 is out! |
http://www.FightThePatent.com
| ICQ 52741957
FightThisPatent is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote