View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 09:25 PM  
hy777
I have 6 credit cards, each buying 1 trial a day

Quote:
Originally posted by corvett
hy777, i appreciate your viewpoint, i apologize because i do not recall specifically what we had discussed... I can say that we welcome suggestions and recommendations about how to improve each one of our systems. From reading your post it does not sound as if you are speaking about new sales, just rebills; my first thoughts were that theoretically, rebills should rebill until:

a the consumer cancels
b the card gets declined by the bank

to troubleshoot your issue, I would suggest that each of the above get broken down to get the specific daily stats for each area and see if anything had changed, the card declines from bank could even be broken down to see the specific decline reason, (account closed, nsf, etc) did cancellations go up, did bank declines go up and for what reason, etc?

We can assist in helping you get some of this data from the stats. Perhaps you can even compare what you find with stats from your previous processor. Send an email request to [email protected] with your account number and the dates and they can check it out, I am interested as well so please cc me on it. You could certainly create a graph that could compare daily new sales to cancellations, as well as an daily active member count graph, to see if you notice anything strange

We can look into any issues that are discovered, but to be honest with you, it is not very often we hear rebill complaints, perhaps myself, at least...anything that comes up we can check out

[email protected]
At first impression, your helping atittude appears to be the right one for overcoming problems. However, a more analytical reading of your answer (and previous answers) discloses the fact that CCbill is clueless regarding its own problems. It is not us, webmasters, who are doing something to lose rebills (that had been there for years under other processors). It is a CCBill issue! (and our problem, unfortunately). And we, webmasters, are not guinea pigs or beta testers who should spend our time trying to find out what is going on with the rebilling. If we want more money when promoting a revshare program all we need to do is to sell more. Rebills will kick in, on time. But this is NOT happening.

Yes, I am pinpoiting to a rebilling issue. If I were to spend my time doing all the analysis you imply I should get hired full time by your company with some fat monthly check since I will have no time left to run my business. I am here to sell. Not to find out why my processing company cannot keep up with rebilling a card that has already been flagged green. I am familiar with non-adult merchant accounts (my own) and I am familiar with both rebilling and scrubbing issues. I control these. When I am positive that a transaction is fine and I cannot run it -for example foreign traffic which is associated with a banking system that has not addressed CVV2 or AVS- I just turn all scrubbing levels off and run the cards only with a name, number and expiration date. That's it. There is NO reason why a bank would decline a transaction from a card that has passed all fraud tests (rebills). As for your second reason -clients not rebilling-, I can hardly accept that this is happening. Again, I have 18 months of watching these figures 15 hours a day every day.

It makes sense you do not hear about rebilling issues often. Rebill problems are VERY difficult to identify. These transactions are not easily match to traffic so chances are most webmasters overlook the issue. For your information, it was me who contacted CCBill on October to movilize your programmers to run a script that would match referrals to sales to match traffic to ids and credit rebills to affiliates. Some of us watch our numbers like a hawk. Those were about two weeks of rebills that would have been lost and God knows what could have happened if I had not pushed for an answer. I got discouraged by customer service reps at each point, possibly not in purpose, but with the atittude of 'how do I know that there is something wrong?'. A similar response as yours. Well, it turned out that there was something wrong. (The problem was specific to just one program, so no general issues here). Checks came out almost a month and a half late. At the time, most webmasters I contacted that were having the same problem were silent because they either didn't know what to think about it or were hoping that -as said before- figures will magically even out. But there was a general sense that something was not right. So you still think that everything is perfect in CCbill's system? What other proof do you require?

The fact that you are asking for help causes a poor impression. It is my understanding that CCbill is the number one processor in this industry. If the figures I handle are correct, IBILL had 700 or 800 mil in transactions at its peak. Could CCbill now be a 1 billion dollar company? If so, why would a billion dollar company come out to a forum asking for help. The implicit message here is that your organization lacks a dpt. that would analyze what could be wrong with your business, a sort of quality control unit. For the record, your business IS PROCESSING transactions. If CCBill employees can't find out all the reasons why processing may fail, or where are the failure points for rebills or what kind of traffic raises red flags and freezes sign ups, it could be an evidence that work might be sloppy in Colorado.

Finally, the 'even out' deal at the end of the month does not work for the average webmaster here who depends on weekly payouts of a couple of hundred dollars to buy groceries or pay a mortgage. Those who think this way are sitting on a well deserved financial cushion or on fat reserves.

P.S. Our email exchange was probably one more of other dozens of exchanges you might have had with webmasters already. So it is of no consequence.
hy777 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote