View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 08:27 PM  
CDSmith
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
Quote:
Originally posted by dewpoint:
Again, regardless of the depth of this incident, hate aimed at another race is NEVER acceptable.
Okay, I know for a fact that this exact point of yours has been dealt with to death on this and other threads over and over. The fact that you are again bringing it up tells me that, although you say you've read over the entire thread, I think maybe you missed some of the proverbial boat.

Where you see racism, I see hatred of a specific faction of one race. I do value your words in the regard that they may serve to temper the severity here, but I don't begrudge anyone using the term "arab" in the context they are using it. Again, the general consensus here is that all or most of the terrorists we've all come to know and hate are of Arabic descent, thus people are using the term for convenience sake. Since a lot of "Arabs" tend to wear some form of towelage upon their brows, the term "towel-head" or "rag-head" comes into play, again pertaining to the enemy, NOT innocent civilians.

I'll ask again, can you bring yourself down out of the clouds and offer some leeway for otherwise powerless people to vent some anger in their own way? Hey, I too draw the line at anyone saying things like "I'll kill the next Arab that walks by me" or anything. That is just plain wrong-thinking. Anyone that grabs a cabbie and beats the shit out of him just for looking like an Arab is just plain wrong. But talking about the ENEMY of the USA in this fashion is tolerable in my book.
CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote