View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 09:30 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
I stopped building my own PCs years ago. You reach a certain point where time >> money. Why dick around with building a computer when you can just buy one? My last PC I bought was in 2010; I just maxed out whatever Alienware was selling at the time. I upgraded the video card at one point, and replaced the liquid cooling system but that's about it. Still runs everything as fast as I need including the most recent video games.

These days I am also into laptops - Microsoft Surface laptops. Combined with the Microsoft docking station you can hook up multiple monitors to it and make swappable work stations. The second workstation in my home office has this set up and my wife or my kid can just plug their laptop in and everything instantly works.

When I am ready for my next PC I will just max out the latest Alienware, which seems to be about $3k. Yeah, I know, "you are paying extra for the for the name and the silly lights" but I like the lights and the lighted keyboard and mouse.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote