View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 07:21 PM  
natkejs
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
I don't think those will work as cleanly as you think. I could be wrong.

The curl option will definitely hit the the 18 and over warning page and you really can't interact with that through curl.

I believe the domdocument and the simplehtml method will hit the same thing. I can't accurately test right now because allow_url_fopen() is turned off on my server.

You could use a headless browser and negotiate with the page that way.

Thus, I think iterating through the results is a valid solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
Another option, if you want to avoid the iteration solution would be to pull the version 1 api every couple of minutes and store it on the server

Then whenever you want to see if the model is online you just check inside the file to see if she is there, you can use a simple substr_count() to test if the model name is in there.

The pull of the version 1 gets all models on line so you pull it via cron to load into your file, on my server it takes about 1 second to pull.
I do not disagree with your solution as it would let you check any amount of online statuses from just one API call. However, calling individual model pages works just fine, the age restriction is simply an overlay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzebox View Post
Sarettah is correct, Chaturbate will 403 any requests with javascript disabled.
This is incorrect as they would have no idea whether the client has javascript enabled or not on the first request.