View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 02:14 PM  
mainstreammix
"It's war." - Some POS

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
I don't trade, I buy stocks in companies that I think have a good long-term outlook. Buy-and-hold good companies.

Here is a really good example actually that I was just looking at. Several years ago a buddy of mine was really into AMD, talking about them all the time. I figured okay, I'll grab some shares just for the hell of it. They hovered around $90 for quite some time. In fact, I considered selling them on numerous occasions because it was so flat, but I held onto them because I also knew that a few year window was not a fair judgment.

Right now it's $180, so it's doubled up. Once upon a time I had Nvidia at around $60. Whoops.

Focus on your business, take a small amount of excess cash and put into a long-term investment that you believe in. That's the closest thing to passive income you're going to find. Passive income doesn't really exist, all income takes some level of work or thought, but this is pretty close.
I bought SHOP in 2017 because it was the easiest way to throw an ecommerce site up and it was going to leave WordPress in the dust.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
mainstreammix is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote