View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 09:15 AM  
WiredGuy
Pounding Googlebot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx60 View Post
That is a good response time but certainly not what I have been experiencing on my end. I contacted them initially through the "false positive" form on their website and then further communication by email. Do you have any other contact info we could try?

Also, posted the below on the Avast forum, which describes our situation. But does not seem to have gotten the attention of their staff as of yet

"We did in fact report the false positive, and Avast team had already agreed to the file status as an FP. They cleared the FP from their database, atleast as per them.

However, after their first clearance, there was no change in fact reflecting yet, neither in WebShield nor in their Online Security browser extension.

I had requested them to recheck, at which point they mentioned they had fully whitelisted the URL and files a second time. Still no changes reflected.

I had requested them to recheck a third time, due to the still existing FP. No response as of yet (5 business days).

Is there anyone from Avast's team we could contact directly here to resolve this for good? This issue has been in support limbo for close to 3 weeks and we are eager to help restore full access to our website."
Have your sites been re-flagged after being cleared or were they never cleared despite them saying it was? Have you been getting the AV warnings directly from the software itself or from a third party like VirusTotal (the issue might be with VirusTotal not updating their definitions and not necessarily with the direct AV product)?
WG