View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 10:52 PM  
DukeSkywalker
The Boogeyman

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Do you remember before 2008 or so, before the smartphone, when everything seemed pretty chill, nobody seemed racist, gays weren't hated but weren't in-your-face, and life seemed to have a pretty good balance?

I feel like after occupy wall street, and after the smartphone became popular, that's when the "great slide" happened... and it picked up speed with Obama, but it absolutely took off like a rocket ship with Trudeau / Trump in 2015/2016. Then... when COVID happened, the woke starship, shaped like a giant throbbing purple dildo with a 5 o'clock shadow and leaving a trail of bloody feces and rainbow skidmarks, hit warp-speed and now everything is beyond fucked?

I recall. I remember the ole lady and meself shutting off the lights and going to bed… never mad. It was a rule… and then smart phones and 24/7 bs. Downtime alerts you name it. Then you have to pee, bring your phone, check twitter and now you’re back in the matrix
I am he who causes Falcons to soar due south but no winds caused me.
I am he who has eyes, but not to see.
I am the ring wearer and apron wearer
I am he that carries a pointed staff and raises his fellows with certain grips and words
I am he that knows my brethren in the darkness as well as in the light

Mechanic / Fixer. Literally and figuratively
DukeSkywalker is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote