Thread: Business Usable TGP scripts in 2024?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 11:27 AM  
k0nr4d
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I was messaged this thread and figured i'd reply here.

The reason there's no tgp scripts still in development in 2024 is that there is because it is not economically viable for any script vender to make and maintain one. There wasn't even a market when I made it in 2015/2016, and I can only imagine it's even worse now.

Despite it at the time being the only "modern" TGP script with effectively no competition in that market at all we probably sold 15-20 copies, at $200 each meaning that all that dev work yielded some $3-4k on a project that took probably 700-800 hours to make when you factor in all those templates we made for it that came with it (which we had to design, cut to html/css and implement into the software). Besides the initial dev work, there is support and updates after the fact. It sold so badly that we completely stopped selling it just so there'd be one less product to provide support for down the line and to let it die a natural death. There's maybe 1 or 2 of you still running it because we get a ticket maybe once every 2 years about it.

TGPs are an extremely niche market within the already small adult market. Adult in itself is barely worth it for PHP scripts, and there is little use for a TGP script outside of adult. There's only a small handful of you guys that are still running TGP sites with even less that are looking to start up new TGP sites. Those that are already running sites won't want to change scripts on existing sites because their current systems are already functioning and generating income.
k0nr4d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote