View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 05:38 AM  
JesseQuinn
feeding the wolves

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopek1 View Post
It is bullshit and all ridiculous excuses as to why they need your info. All these companies should just say 1 of 2 things:

1. We want your info so we can sell it.

2. Governments now require this and use money laundering as their excuse so we have no choice.

it's number 2 (don't get all excited CS, I don't mean it that way)

when CCBill writes 'for KYC compliance' they're referencing your second option exactly

whether one agrees with the laws or not, personally I wouldn't want to do biz with a company that didn't comply with them. those that don't all get busted, funds frozen and/or shut down eventually. then guess what happens to your money?

think of Chexx/Pacnet and Epassporte and how many other co's that fucked around, got busted and every single well-intentioned person or entity using their services was caught up in the process

I'd be really wary of dealing with any biz that doesn't comply with the laws in their jurisdiction of operation. for those that don't, the walls come tumbling down eventually

it's not a matter of whether CCBill agrees with KYC or not (I have no clue obviously). they're simply being a responsible biz by following the law

maybe that's why they've been around so long?
JesseQuinn is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote