View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 01:12 PM  
Klen

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNDxxx View Post
Yea he quoted me 10 weeks for completion and $16k, made in 4 payments as he progresses. I've never done this before. Is that a normal amount of time and price to get a cam sit up? I was honestly expecting it to be much more. I was ready to accept $30k+.
Well, there was once discussion about cost of building live cam site, and someone posted how cost for it would be 20k$. Since i dont have experience with building live cam site, i am unable to give proper answer is this estimation correct or not, but generally in development there is always issues happening which causes period of completion to be longer then estimated.

This is why i as developer , i aim to make SAAS deals with clients - because even when project is completed , it will probably require a lot of updates and maintenance later, so better to do it that way.
With one time deals there is a risk how developer will disappear one day, without option to do any update due complexity of code.
For live cam site , i would charge 1k$ a month.

And one tip - before starting project , make sure you have good foundation to keep project running . as i witnessed many live cam projects where massive amounts of money were spent, yet they ended up closing up eventually as it did not worked out.

Inquiries which are not related to administration or advertising on GFY wont be processed.
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote