View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 10:58 PM  
ArlinAurora
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by celandina View Post
It is too long to read ! So, I will give the short version. Alter 20+ e mails you were not able ( or willing) to offer a quote ( or an estimate) for:

"One day 12h shoot with 3 models, in a decent looking location."

never mind providing a picture of any model available or any location. That after more then 2 months !! I call that "bupkis".

Maybe someone else will have a better luck. And good luck to you.
First of all, I do not care if what I wrote was too long to read for you. If you have trouble reading long texts, then perhaps you should look into that. If I feel like writing something lengthy to provide adequate detail and information, then I have the right to publish something lengthy, perhaps too lengthy for someone like you to read. (I have noticed this trend more and more in the world... depressing. It's either incompetence or because people are too busy to read something lengthy, but I usually think it's the former because reading something lengthy does not take a long time unless... you are somewhat incompetent?)

And since I do not care if you have a problem with the length of what I write, I will write it again here. I do not care if you read it all or not. It only took me a couple of minutes to write it anyway, but it sure makes things more clear and understandable if someone needs to find this thread later and find out about this dispute between us because you have now implied that there is a reason for the dispute when there is not (or at least it is trivial literally to the point of being a playground fight that for some reason you chose to start the new year with). Your posts, which are concise so that you do not have to spend more than two seconds writing or reading, do not provide adequate detail in a dispute, twist information by providing only summary information, and do not provide adequate information for archival since you have made this claim about me and my company in a public forum.

Anyway, sorry if you are unable to read.

--

Mmm, okay, but you are making my point for me. You originally stated in this thread, with no additional information provided to give context, that people should be careful doing business with me and/or my company. You claimed something that anyone would interpret as the same thing as me and/or my company may not be legitimate. That is not a fair thing to do, and it could also be defamation (among other things if it impacts me and/or the company).

So you went from that original statement, which you made unsolicited to a public forum for no reason at all (you know that you do not need to "warn" anyone about me and/or my company because you know we did not do anything wrong to you)... to this statement above where you are saying that the reason that I "talk nonsense" and the reason that people should be "careful" is because in a substantial amount of time I did not give you a proposal/quote/estimate for what you wanted? So again, my opinion here and the logical thing to think in this case is that any fraudulent company would provide you with that proposal/quote/estimate -- likely as quickly as possible -- rather than putting it on the back burner because there are other things to do as well (again, I will remind you that you kept reminding me that we were only "shooting the breeze" and that everything was "hypothetical" and that you were in "no rush" -- none of this created a sense of urgency for me). But it seems that your opinion is the opposite, that people should be careful with me and/or my company... just because I had to prioritize other things over your proposal/quote/estimate for your hypothetical project of which we were shooting the breeze? Again, you say that I talk nonsense, but THAT -- to be careful of me because you did not get your proposal/quote/estimate -- is something that I would think could be fairly described as nonsense by definition. If you do not see where I am coming from and you still believe that it was correct to "warn" people about me just because you did not receive a proposal/quote/estimate, then there is likely no reason to attempt to communicate with you or to solve this matter that you started on a public forum for no reason other than your annoyance with me or perhaps you need some entertainment or something. The reason that there would not be a reason to attempt to communicate with you or solve this matter if you truly believe you are correct in this situation is because if that were the case I would truly just think you have some type of incapacity to understand logic.

You contacted a startup. We have other things to do especially when you describe your project as hypothetical, shooting the breeze, and when you state that you are in no rush. We had not even finalized our format for proposals or estimates at the time you first contacted me. We had just gotten started with our first client (a client that remains with us today, six months later). I was traveling all of the time recruiting models. You knew some of this, and again when there was supposedly no rush and when we were just "shooting the breeze" then I just do not see what your problem is as far as being so apparently angry about not receiving a proposal that you would go to a public forum and potentially do permanent damage to a startup company. Again, if you do not see the logic as to why I do not think that is fair, I would begin to believe that you cannot be reasoned with. And as I said in my original reply to you in this now-public-for-no-reason matter, you did not tell the whole story in your first post about me and my company, but instead made what would be easily interpreted as a claim that me and/or my company are frauds. I know that is probably an easy claim for you to make because I constantly heard it from you that you had been scammed so many times by what I suppose were fake producers and con artists. But do you not think of the consequences of your actions? Making such a claim publicly and providing no background information (i.e., not stating that you are just angry because you waited on a proposal that you said you were in no rush for, and then I got sick of you wanting follow-up emails from me and I got sick of your emails in all capital letters and I got sick of your "bupkis" and I told you that I would not even work with you, so forget the proposal). THAT is what happened and you did not say what happened and why you are angry. Instead, you just said to be careful and made a very generalized statement that would be easily interpreted to cause concern for other potential clients, partners, or whatever and could impact me and/or my company and, as you know, if that happened it would for no reason at all which is why I believe it is important to clarify what happened now that you decided to make this public when it never qualified as anything even remotely newsworthy.

As far as pictures of available models, I did provide you with them. You, however, requested that I take special photos for you that had them holding up a sign that said your company name on it. I thought this was funny, I mean I understand that you are an incredibly, incredibly paranoid person and I suppose that is because you have been scammed so much (which is what you state yourself, but I would probably note that it seems odd to me that you would allow yourself to be scammed so often... again perhaps a fault in logic on your side exists... and additionally I would note that it would perhaps be more appropriate to use your time going after people who have taken something from you instead of going after me for what is a petty and trivial reason). I said I would work on your photos, but like everything else that I was working on for you, it was the lowest priority for me because honestly, I had to take your comments about not being in a rush and hypothetical and shooting the breeze into consideration when I decided how to plan my work for any given day or week. Other projects came ahead of yours because of how YOU positioned the importance of your project. If you do not also see the logic in that, again, I would take the stance that it may not be possible to reason with you at all.

But, even with the above explanation, do I need to be explaining here why you didn't get a proposal or that you did actually see some models or asking here why it matters if I didn't get location options to you? (Hint: they would have been in the final proposal documents.) I do not see a reason for this. I had to defend myself and my company against your claim that people should be "careful" with us and that I talk "nonsense" because those are very generalized statements that will be taken to mean something that is untrue. I defended myself and now continue to do so, but there is no reason for this conversation to even exist because none of it matters AT ALL. After all, no one lost anything other than the time to write a few emails back and forth which is trivial. Unfortunately this conversation, however gossipy it may be and even though this began with your claim that was made with no backbone, has to exist because you decided to say something that I would opine was unnecessary to say in a public forum. If a person or company did not provide me with a quote for a project I detailed to them, um, I would not have written in a public forum to be careful with them and I would not have stated that what they say is nonsense. I would have likely looked at explanations given to me by them (as they were to you) and tried to understand those reasonings rather than just being a very angry and petty person.

[1/2]
ArlinAurora is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote