View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 09:44 PM  
ZTT
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
There was a German Fußball player called Stefan Kuntz who became very well-known in England due to a) obviously his hilarious name (Stefan), and b) knocking England out of Euro 96 at Wembley because everyone was laughing at his name.

England would have probably won that tournament if he'd been called something normal, like Stefan Fotzen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
Cockburn were people who originated from Cockburn, a place in Berwickshire. It originated from the Old English words cocc, which means “rooster” and burna means “stream.”
It's pronounced Coburn though... By absolutely nobody, because how would that be funny?

The Austrian town of Fucking, which always shows up in threads like this, recently finally renamed itself, but I can't tell if they're trolling, because 'Fugging' is somehow even funnier to me, like a silly way to get around 1990s AOL filters. Anyway, Wank mountain is still just across the border.

I was also reading about this a while ago, for reasons I can't remember, but probably just because it says Gropecunt Lane:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropecunt_Lane