View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 08:24 AM  
CurrentlySober
Too lazy to wipe my ass

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nr4d View Post
Have you tried ozempic instead of metformin? For me it's waaaay better. I'm down about 10-11kg so far (insulin-resistance, not diabetes). I barely eat anything as it so heavily suppress appetite to the point where I probably consume under 1000kcal most days and almost have to force myself to eat. I have no basically side-effects either other then the first 2 weeks with some light nausea whereas I had to stop taking metformin because of the gastro side-effects.
That's a weight loss drug isn't it? As opposed to a diabetic aid? Ive seen it advertised as an injection pen, that helps you lose weight, but I have not tried it - Metformin works really well for me though.

Infact, in order to save money, the NHS switched me from actual 'Metformin' to a generic version (cant remember the name) and it was awful! I was hungry ALL the time, craving sweet foods and I was putting on weight in real time... Getting even bigger by the day!

Although it was the same ingredients, in the same amounts etc, the Doctor said that it was 'Cooked Together' in a different way... Switched me back to metformin, and the weight I gained dropped off along with my hunger issues...

So I'm happy to stick with the metformin personally - And one meal a day. It doesn't bother me to take the pills, and of course, here in the UK its totally free as well. If I lived elsewhere and had to pay every month for the metformin, then I may well be looking at finding ways to not have to take it, but as it stands, I take it, eat whatever I like once a day, and all is good with the world
CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote