View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 10:42 AM  
Kittens
👏 REVOLUTIONARY 👏

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by plsureking View Post
i don't make any budgets. the clients make the budgets. am i going to tell them i can't work for them because someone on gfy spends more?

i have clients who think $49 a month for a hosted cms is a lot. i also have clients who spend a lot more (and make a lot more).

if you want to be a service provider in adult, you can't have your nose up in the air.

#
Actually yes you can. And I do it all the time. I just left a $200k/yr job because I didn't like the tone VPoE had in a slack DM.

I mean sure if you are in financial need then that's different, but we're not talking about someone taking a $120 coding job because it's better than nothing and they have rent to pay soon.

But anyway, this mentality of "I shouldn't pay for a service based on market rates because I'm cheap" is pretty unique to this industry only.

So I guess, enjoy working for $15/hr programming my guy. I'll enjoy sitting on the beach in the Bahama's for a week with a fruity drink in my hand knowing that I don't have to worry or be hunched over my desk for 23.5hr a day coding to make ends meet.