View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 04:19 AM  
plsureking
bored

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nr4d View Post
I disagree man. Maybe in the corporate world, or in much larger mainstream projects it's the norm, but we don't go much further then segregating front end and backend developers. I simply have an expectation that a backend developer will at least know the basics of security. A good web dev should know at least a good bit about everything involved along the line. They should know how an httpd works, how browser headers work, etc. Otherwise they are just a mindless drone.

I'm not saying every programmer has to be a professional penetration tester, but to put it into a comparison - I would expect a car mechanic to know how a transmission works but wouldn't necessarily expect a normal mechanic to be able to rebuild one.
yea adult sites are small projects. even one with a network of sites, member/transaction management, streaming video, a cdn, and a backend to manage it is a small project.

budgets are small too.

there's a few big projects with big teams, but that's pretty rare.

this reality is well understood by those who spent their career (20+ years) developing for the adult industry. we're usually the sole team member on most projects.

developers who spent their whole career in adult usually know the entire stack top to bottom and sideways. we know many different packages and built our own. there's at least a couple dozen of us here at gfy.

#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens View Post
Basically what I'm saying is, you get what you pay for, and frankly this industry is bottom of the barrel pricing, everyone thinks they know everything and the people "paying" think that their $1k for 400 hours of work is "generous". Real engineers would laugh in your face coming sideways at them like that shit.
"real engineers"

yea we're just smut peddlers

#