View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 09:24 PM  
NALEM
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevesty View Post
Bounty hunters (at least in the US) are licensed bail bondsmen and have nothing to do with the reward offered by the FBI, which is for information leading to his arrest. The bond / bail system is related to the courts (ie., you bail yourself out for $100k then don't appear... the "bounty hunter" gets a cut of that 100k for bringing you back).

I don't think someone who is about to call the FBI tipline about you is going to walk up, introduce themselves, and let them know what they're about to do, though.
I brought up bounty hunters not because any bond is due for non appearance. It was because they have the skill set, resources and are not held to the same constitutional civil safeguards (rules of engagement) as a public law enforcement official is. If the reward for information or capture is high enough, I am certain that some bounty hunters look into the person that disappeared and see how far they get with their leads.