View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 07:25 PM  
MattGFY
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
:stoned Nick

I also had a good experience with Nick, and thought pretty highly of him. I thought he is a genius, and one hell of a great guy. I would always give him more money then he asked for, because I thought his prices were too cheap. I wasn't even using his script, and he went out of his way to help me fix things.

I was in talks with him around the time he went missing. I hadn't talked to him in over a year. I thought I made him mad. I wrote him this long detailed e-mail about a total rework of my site that I wanted him to do. I was ready to hand him 2-5k worth of work. He responded to get a hold of him on Monday, because he was busy with 3 custom work orders. That e-mail went to spam somehow, so I didn't see it. Then 9 days later he e-mailed wondering if I got his last e-mail. That's when I went to spam and found it. I e-mailed telling him I was sorry I missed his e-mail because it went to spam. I never heard back from him after that.

This kind of put me in a bind, because Nick was the only one I trusted, with my server, and my site. When your site makes 200k a year on auto pilot, it's hard to trust people with it.

I really hope Nick is ok! I hope I'm wrong, but it's starting to look like Nick shut her down. He was probably to the point he sold his script to most everyone, who was going to buy. The amount of time he had to invest in answering all e-mails, helping hundreds of customers fix problems. The little income from new script sales, wasn't worth all the time he lost. It sucks, and still hope I'm wrong, but I don't blame him if it's true.
MattGFY is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote