View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 06:53 AM  
Paul
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Franck/Battuss bought me my first ever domain name

Anyone know what that crazy french fucker is up to now?

I remember that time like it was yesterday. You'd look at the main GFY main page and there would be at least a couple of Bitcoin threads by Franck every day Dude was right!

I bought Bitcoin after reading this thread in 2013 and stupidly lost my Bitcoins because I was trading on the MtGox platform, lesson learnt! Don't keep crypto on the exchanges!

I'm gonna guess Franck invested at least $100k into Bitcoin in 2013

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/ - Doesn't even go back to 03-16-2013 now

I bought mine 1 month after this thread at around $80 per Bitcoin, so the price was probably sitting around $60 on 03-16-2013

So that's around 1,666 Bitcoins

Only worth around $95,205,236 at current price today 21/02/2021 (Not a bad return in less than 8 years )

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowan View Post
Food for thought:

The price of Bitcoin has historically crashed, then gradually risen again to levels exceeding the previous high.

This has happened about 4 or 5 times now. We're currently at a record high, after the previous crash near the end of 2017.

If you don't need to realise profit immediately, think twice before panic selling everything the next time it looks like it's on the way down.

(Past performance is not an indication of future returns, of course.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Here's the deal. If you buy $50k BTC now in any amount it will be just like you bought in at $0 years ago. Before the end of summer, BTC should be at $100k. So no one has missed the Bitcoin train yet. If you don't choose to buy in now, you will be reading these posts then and writing the same things. See my sig and get yourself some free information. Don't waste your time on anything but BTC unless you like smaller returns. Mastercard, Tesla, Hedge funds and the rest of the big boys will push the price up. This is the big time now. With these kind of investors, BTC may fluctuate, but it ain't going down and it ain't going away.
I do think it is different this time, nothing is ever certain in life and government could still crack down on everything. Regulation will be coming soon, the big money is arriving. This is well past another retail pump and dump

The 2 main factors in the next 3/6 months I'm keeping an eye on.

1) Bitfinex/Tether lawsuit/outcome - That's a rabbit whole of fraud and corruption
2) More big corporations adding Bitcoin to their balance sheets
Paul is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote