View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 11:04 PM  
k0nr4d
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFurry View Post
Not reading a contract is not "their problem". How about you sign some contract at a shop without reading and it turns out you just gave them your house?

If someone is lied to about the nature of a contract and tricked into signing it, it's not valid. It's contract fraud, the contract won't hold up in court.
You are absolutely incorrect. A contract is a contract, and what binds you to what you sign. It is in fact even your problem if you sign a contract in a language you do not understand. If not, what the fuck is the point of a contract to begin with? Contracts are meant to read. If it very clearly fucking says that your videos may be posted on the internet then your videos may be posted on the internet. If you don't understand what you are signing then you don't sign it and have a lawyer review it. I know from experience that a contract will hold up in court, and "I didn't read it" is no defence.

A written contract supersedes an oral contract.

By your reasoning I can go sign a mortgage contract and then take the bank to court after getting the money saying that they said I would never have to pay it back. What if you sell someone a car and come back 2 years later saying it broke but they say you promised them a 3 year warranty (but sales contract says no warranty, whereis as is)?
k0nr4d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote