View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 07:14 AM  
Dickjagger1

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankawonk
Those are affiliate links. Yes I get a kickback. But you losers on gfy don't make enough money for it to matter anyway
That's completely fine, I just like for those kinds of things to be out in the open so we all know where each other is coming from.

Quote:
Google crawls by default with cookies disabled. Its likely they run covert tests where they check the behavior of your site with cookies enabled. But if you're waiting until late in a session to use prohibited ad codes, its not likely that they'll see very much naughty behavior. I've been doing "prohibited" shit hidden behind cookies for half a decade, my sites currently have the most google traffic they've ever had.
So right, I'm still trying to figure out how Google's algorithms work, and of course I know nobody actually knows, so it's a bit of detective work. As I said, your premise sounds reasonable but I'm just concerned about how it would play on my site when they crawl all of the video pages. If they got a skim click on 5% of 10k video pages, that's a lot. How do you prevent that from happening? Also, would you be willing to share examples of the code snippets you use for your condition to redirect?

Quote:
If you want to sell skims, your options are clickaine, trafficshop, and clickadu. I've had bad experiences with the latter two. Clickaine has been great. You do whatever you want...but its not likely many other webmasters will share their experiences here.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for the ideas. I just want to make sure that I understand everything and that what works for you will also work for me.
Dickjagger1 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote