Old 07-03-2020, 08:03 PM  
wankawonk
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSimon View Post
Hi there.
What are skimmed ads?
Skims are redirects. the ad network gives you a URL. User clicks a link on your site. Instead of taking them where the link is supposed to go, you send them to the ad network URL.

The user you replied to says google will penalize you for them. But I can assure you, if you wait until late in the session to use them, google will not notice or care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickjagger1 View Post
OK, so this is an old post that seems to have gotten bumped back up, but I'm interested in this. I have questions.

The first one is what is the OP's relationship to Clickaine and Exoclick? I've been around the block a time or two, and this smells like more than just a personal recommendation. Are you affiliated with them, or getting kickbacks or commissions from them?

The second question centers around the Google penalty. Seems like there's a big disagreement about whether Google pays attention to this. My gut inclination is to say that the OP's plan of 5 clicks sounds reasonable. I know Google protects their algorithms, but does anybody have HARD evidence on how that works? My site uses a video content widget, and if I added the skim code to that widget, it would only trigger after 5 video views, not 5 page loads. All good. But when Google crawls my site, it seems like it would load that video widget once for every video on my site which is close to 10k now. Wouldn't that trigger the google penalty?

It seems like people have had some bad experiences with Clickaine. I'm in it for the long haul, and not interested in getting in bed with a partner who is going to dump me. Has anybody besides the OP had a good experience with them?
Those are affiliate links. Yes I get a kickback. But you losers on gfy don't make enough money for it to matter anyway

Google crawls by default with cookies disabled. Its likely they run covert tests where they check the behavior of your site with cookies enabled. But if you're waiting until late in a session to use prohibited ad codes, its not likely that they'll see very much naughty behavior. I've been doing "prohibited" shit hidden behind cookies for half a decade, my sites currently have the most google traffic they've ever had.

If you want to sell skims, your options are clickaine, trafficshop, and clickadu. I've had bad experiences with the latter two. Clickaine has been great. You do whatever you want...but its not likely many other webmasters will share their experiences here.
wankawonk is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote