View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 07:31 PM  
heiko0o
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexl View Post
The data used to produce your stats comes from the backend. The cookies are only used to bind a username to an affiliate, after that it is in the db.

If you look at your stats you see this:
Timestamp User ID Purchase Amount Commission Track Signup Date Country User UID

Column #2 is an ID that has a 1-1 relationship with a username, thus it will change for each username. Column #8 is User UID (User Unique ID) and is a 1-n relationship with usernames (1 user can have many usernames)

For example your user could have a username webmasterxxx with User ID = 12345678 who has a User UID of ABCDEFG.
When that user is stolen, in the backend it will show like username cc_newusername with user ID = 777777 and User UID = ABCDEFG

12345678 shows up in YOUR stats, 777777 shows up in "who you know"'s stats. Both are the same user (same UUID).

They do have the data, they just need to change the binding to an affiliate from username to user, and this would solve part of the "stealing"
Very interesting. Thanks for writing this up!
So basically they have the everything, they just fail to implement it or don't want to implement it. The question then is, why did they even implement a UID? I mean it must be there for something. It seems to be fairly new as well, because i remember i didn't see the UID a couple of months ago.

Maybe they already have something in the works? Well, it would be better to inform the affiliates here so we would atleast stop complaining