View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 07:24 AM  
celandina
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomy View Post
In that case, forget about SEO, focus on couple basic principles from our time:
1. Content is The King and in the end only thing that really matters presuming you know your way around HTML
2. Garbage in, garbage out also still applies

Stuff that's there is like almost complete book. Too much too soon. Some of it may not be relevant, some stuff missing, some stuff needs editing before it is usable by people without prior knowledge.

To get started all you need to do is this, in my professional opinion:

1. Have .xml sitemap submitted to GWT and take it from there.
GWT is great at spotting out "technical SEO issues" - you will get warnings for most of the little things like "too small button on mobile" and a link to page... duplicate tags, incorrect meta/canonical/etc - leave it to the bots to figure out problems and only then fix.

2. Check how your site fairs on https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ and compare with your competitors - will give you the rest of info what needs to be fixed.

3. Your pages don't have to be IDEAL, just have to beat your competitors - check their sites, make better.

There, quick and lazy introduction to all things SEO

$0.02
Thanks again....

Quote:
1. Content is The King and in the end only thing that really matters presuming you know your way around HTML
2. Garbage in, garbage out also still applies
I have NO clue about HTML BUT I am the content financier and creator and am very well aware about content quality. I have a very popular and high end original content. So no issue there.

The rest of your comments are truly Chinese to me. Do not even know what GWT is

Quote:
Check how your site fairs on https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ and compare with your competitors - will give you the rest of info what needs to be fixed.
This I did and was shocked the score was 33 most of the results however I could not interpret FCP, FID,First Meaningful Paint,Time to Interactive... etc.. is also Chinese and so are the other terms. All I understand is: If it is red i'is bad and if it is green it's good.

I guess I need to hire some geeks to fix it.
celandina is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote