View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 04:44 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Damage View Post
What are you guys doing with these DMCAs?

I received one yesterday, the stupid cam model DMCA'd my entire category page because I had a fucking iframe with her show

I don't know what to do, just send a counter notification, maybe?

We can't even use promo tools anymore?
As community members, broadcasters agree to Chaturbate terms when they sign up, therefore they agree for webmaster to use chaturbate's official promo tools.

You are licensed and therefore allowed to use chaturbate iframes: see paragraph 1 of the appendix B to the terms.

Write an email to [email protected] and ask them to write that iframes are indeed "Promotional Items" belonging to Chaturbate and that they allow you to use them in accordance with their affiliate program

Then issue a counter DMCA notice. Some broadcasters don't understand what DMCA is about: it is to prevent copy of material and recording of shows without authorization, this doesn't apply to official promo tools. They don't own the live broadcast, Chaturbate does. If they want to own the feed they can create a custom site with their own broadcasting platform, and marketing (without affiliates, good luck!)

APPENDIX B TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
AFFILIATE AND REFERRAL TERMS:

License to Promotional Items. All Community Members who are currently in compliance with the Terms are hereby granted a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to utilize the Platform's name, access and download promotional banners, videos, photographs, other promotional materials, and/or promotional materials created by you, provided that such materials are approved by the Company in writing ("Promotional Items"), for use on site(s) or accounts owned by such Community Members ("Referral Sites"). The Promotional Items are licensed to eligible Community Members for the limited purposes of advertising, marketing and promoting the Platform. Any and all licenses granted to Community Members pursuant to the Terms shall immediately cease and revert to us upon the termination or cancellation of the Term. You agree not to share any of the Promotional Items with anyone in any way, which is not in accordance with the Terms and applicable law. You hereby acknowledge and agree that all rights to the Promotional Items belong solely to the Company and/or the Company's licensor(s).