View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 08:19 AM  
heiko0o
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexl View Post
Interesting

They seem to think that whitelabels and first cookie rule protect them which is wrong in both instances as I explained many times over already. And then there's the "change username" trick.

I don't know if you remember but I had a CSS rule that was precisely targeting affiliate links (using a regular expression) so that all outgoing links remained up and running but only those disgusting fishing nets were made unclickable and hidden.

Well, shortly after I posted the tip here, chaturbate added a filter so that this particular CSS rule was not allowed. It is clear to me that cb want models to continue this , there is just no official statement.

This is corroborated by the fact that nobody is getting a straight answer, even when Steve was here he was saying: contact support. Then support replies with a template: we'll investigate.

Did anyone meet with them in person to discuss this and see how they take it, maybe at a webmaster or model conference? We must be the laughing stock of a lot of people if I judge by the comments of some here (ex: use of the word "cry" to describe our rant, and other pop corn GIF as if our inability to find a solution was laughing matter.)
Wondering the same. I am pretty sure they would tell you the same, that they are working on it and take a look into the case. Clara_Chan has been reported several times now and she still has this signature where she encourages people to sign up under her username. I think if someone has been caught doing this then the person should only get 1 more warning before a temporary ban or something.

I am not sure in particular why they removed the ability to insert your CSS Code but it sure does not help anyone either, other than the models. I can't seem to understand why Chaturbate would care. They get their share, as when a model makes a lead and when a webmaster makes a lead. I think sometimes they (both CB and the models) forget how valueable Webmasters really are for their website. For sure, Chaturbate has a lot of organic traffic itself too, but the webmasters do their work as well.

By the way: Nice Wishlist https://chaturbate.com/siswet19/