View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 02:54 PM  
sarettah
l8r

Industry Role:
Sometimes when I catch up on this thread I feel like I am fishing on a party boat.

You ever fished on a party boat? First, a party boat is an open fishing boat that you pay to go out on, like a charter but not as elite. They load as many people as they are legally allowed to and take you out fishing for the day. They provide the bait and can provide gear if you need it.

So, you go out and they pick a spot to set up and every body starts fishing. Usually people spread out around the available areas of the boat.

Then somebody catches something and everybody runs over and starts fishing near that person because, hell, they caught something so that must be where all the fish are. Then they start badgering whoever it is that caught the fish, how deep were you?, are you using a treble hook?, what kind of bait are you using? (they are all using the same bait of course), on and on until someone else catches a fish and they all move over to that person and repeat the same thing, again and again.

You want traffic? Work for it. Study what other people are doing. Look at the various tools around that will give you insight into what keywords the various sites are ranking for and work your seo for terms that you figure out to try. Experiment, experiment, experiment and then experiment some more.

But don't expect people to just give you the candy store. That isn't how this works.

Meanwhile, pencocaste - good job. I hope they keep producing for you.

sarettah is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote