View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 06:09 PM  
Speigelau
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
Once they chargeback their account is canceled I think. They can do a refund for a mistake type thing but if they call in and say they didn't make thhose charges, etc, they are canceled and I think technically not allowed to sign up again. Don't quote me on that, it is just my understanding.

So, yeah, if you have a whale and then that whale charges back you have no0w lost your whale.

Sucks, but at least I understand why that would be.

This was my thinking also, but something recently made me think otherwise. Last summer I had a whale who had spent over 70k. He routinely spent $500-1000 weekly and always made the max $320 purchase. All of a sudden last June there was a chargeback for him for one $320 purchase. Then nothing after that and I figured his account was canceled.

Recently I noticed his account # had a recent spend using the enhanced stats provided by Tayax. Upon further inspection I noticed that account had been billed the $20/month CB upgrade membership fee monthly for the last 8 months. So it seems the member was most likely cut off from making additional spends, but somehow his account and credit card are still active to continue to be billed monthly by CB. I'm assuming the member probably doesn't even realize the charges are happening.

It makes me wonder on a whale like that what made him chargeback that spend after making hundreds of them. Probably one model that pissed him off in a private or maybe he mistakenly tipped the wrong amount and contacted CB, who knows.

Chargebacks are painful, but what makes it even more painful is that the member no longer spends with you after that. In my experience whales are addicted to cams and if they can't spend with you, they are going to easily find another site to spend on, they don't just stop.
Speigelau is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote