View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 08:51 PM  
RandyRandy
Clips still sell!

Industry Role:
It’s been a while!

Here's the recap: I left a chef’s job that proved too physical. 12 hours on my feet, was just too much. But it was a great job. Really pissed me off that I couldn’t handle it.

Took a cushy consulting gig in Bangkok in Oct 2018 (that’s when I last logged in) and it was good, lost a few pounds, down to 235 I think.

The consulting gig ended and I took a pizza gig on Hawaii that I knew was going to be pretty physical – but I wanted to give it a shot. Got into better shape and down to 225.

Got a call to open a shop in Michigan and that was going to be super physical, more than the chef’s job I couldn’t handle before. But I went for it.

Trained 45 days in 2 NYC shops that almost killed me and the opening 2 months in Michigan was the most physically demanding job I’ve ever had. But I pushed through it and on Christmas I was 195!

Just before Christmas I got a crazy call: a documentary series that I’m in was being world-premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. They wanted to fly me out for the screening and do promos and Q&A at the theatre. If I was the fat fuck I was before, NO WAY would I want to go to Sundance. I would have hid. But I did go. Had a great time with my wife – she loved the “red carpet” photos – and I didn’t mind either! Even got my photo on People/Entertainment Weekly! And I had a great time doing the promos and Q&A.

All of that would have never happened if I was still so fat. What a waste. Some people have confidence no matter what they look like. Not me. I like to say I have no confidence at 300lbs and full confidence at 200lbs

Today I weighed 186 and the world is my oyster...

Here's a couple of pics, 5 years apart:

RandyRandy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote