View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 12:51 PM  
phman79
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by exotic View Post
THis is Mike.

Well on ething to do, to find speed bottlenecks, you can use services that show the time needed to display each page element.

You can use the free services (limited at Pingdom):
- fpt.pingdom.com
- gtmetrix.com

With Pingdom, test from a location that is near your serve ror near your target audience.
The Free level at Gtmetrix just checks at Vancouver, so us that one buit remember the Vancouver numbers will be slower tha Pingdom's San Francisco or Washington.

Look in the waterfall display to find images, css loading slowly. Or to find if your server is slow (the delay before the first response on some servers is over 1 sec.) Ideally it should be < 1 sec.

Fixes? Better faster hosting and a CDN. You can make a cdn setup work well with Amazon S3 and Amazon Cloudfront. You will be charged based on Real traffic.
If you want faster hosting suggestions, let me know.

And some plugins that minimize the css/files can help also. ANd if your server is not serving out gzip'd files that lowers your PageSpeed numbers I think. GtMetrix has direct suggestions and I think a PageSpeed Analysis tab also. Good FREE stuff

Mike
Thanks Mike for tips

I use some tools I combine Super Cache and Autooptimize and it did great on prior version but this version the mobile speed is down I'll go thru your suggestions and see if I can find it, again thanks for taking the time out to write that I appreicate it
phman79 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote