View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 11:07 AM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentKnight View Post
And then there are those of us who painfully remember setting up Renegade (or whatever BBS software you found easiest to manage) to run local adult bulletin boards. Our KastleArchives.com existed as a BDSM BBS that pre-dated the 'net.

Granted, we weren't producing our own content at the time. Digital cameras were still a few years away and we didn't have the resources to do film.

Zip drives, geez...I remember those. We even had an HP Colorado travan tape drive at one point. But I still remember building our first PC-XT system with a 20mb HD and 640K of RAM. Twin 5 1/4" floppy drives. 2400baud Zoltrix modem which we eventually upgraded to a 14.4 USRobotics card.

The capabilities of the S10 Galaxy I carry these days would've been unimaginable back then. As you say, so much easier these days for a monkey to use a smartphone to do all the things it took an entire desk workstation filled with hardware.
LOL bulletin boards were just before my time....

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote