View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 11:01 AM  
EdgyBuzz
Acquisitions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisey View Post

Why the fuck you sending me emails but keeping the sale to GFY and not actual affiliates via an email. This screams fucking affiliates over.
We did send an email to all affiliates, explaining the sale and it's also been posted in this thread above. Not everyone has an up to date email address on file, so if you didn't get it, that's likely why (30% of all emails about the sale bounced).

There are a few separate issues here that we've been working with:

We did not buy all of the previous owners sites. He is keeping some sites, which share billing, hosting and the custom content platform. His sites are not leaving CCbill and all of the ones we bought are migrating to our own billing.

We did fix the issue above, and then a change was made for the other sites and it reverted the fix. We didn't anticipate this and are working on fixing it immediately.

Just to be clear, CCbill traffic from affiliates is still going to the exact same place it always has; we did not alter anything at all with that traffic. We chose to point the traffic with no ccbill referrer to NATS instead.

I know on paper this seems like an easy transition, but that's just not the reality. These sites operate on two separate custom systems and used billing that was not our own. CCbill also doesn't allow us to transfer the users like some other billers do, so that further complicates things. Anyone that's been in this business and dealt with moving legacy sites and systems can tell you how complicated it can be, especially when you are not moving the entire system and/or network. Oh, and to make things more fun, the server that the back end was on lived in a place int he mountains that only had radio internet, so we couldn't just upload it, we had to send a server there to duplicated it and then ship it.

We tried to make this as painless as was possible and allow people to keep using CCbill if that's what they preferred (particularly because of the payouts in some countries), but it's causing more issues than is worth for the little amount of money that it represents. So we have no choice but to separate all the systems now and we are putting the script in place early to convert all CCbill sales to the corresponding NATS account. We spent the weekend duplicating the CMS and are redirecting everything as we speak, with the NATS redirect the next part to happen.

I'm sorry for any issues that this has caused you guys and hope that the reputation of Gamma as a company that operates honorably helps to assure you that we are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

I've posted my email above (office at femjoy dot com) and suggest that as a quicker way of reaching me than posting here; I've got my hands full fixing things and will be back when I have an update.