View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 08:58 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
I think it's entirely possible that very far into the future Amazon will open brick-and-mortar stores where people can go and actually touch the merchandise. What do you think?
I read that they closed the stores they had in malls. I didn’t get into the story as I got distracted.

I think they have a great opportunity to sell but the plans will take time. Locations, rents, product inventory, product need, personnel, etc.

Can they keep the prices low if they have to pay distribution, rent, personnel, etc? Compare the costs of an Amazon employee pulling stock, entering orders, packaging, shipping and the return process versus a store. More sales versus lower profits. Will it all equal out or could they lose?

People afraid to enter credit card information online could be happy. People needing items fast would be happy. Browser customers would love browsing.

If they’re smart, they’ll expand into stores or franchises. You’d need $200k to invest at a minimum. Stores are Amazon’s investment.
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote