View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 08:26 AM  
Bladewire
StraightBro

Industry Role:
Christian councilman Trump supporter says interracial marriage not the Christian way

Another day and another Trump supporter who Belize breaking the law is okay. this Trump supporter was coming to the defense of the town's mayor who refuse to hire a black man because of his race.

“I’m a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don’t do interracial marriage,” he explained.

Georgia councilman says interracial marriage is ‘just not the way a Christian is supposed to live’

A eorgia councilman who came to the defense of the city’s mayor after she was accused of racism said that interracial marriage is “just not the way a Christian is supposed to live.”

Mayor Theresa Kenerly of Hoschton came under fire recently after she allegedly told a member of the council that she rejected a job applicant “because he is black, and the city isn’t ready for this,” according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Kenerly later denied that she made the remarks.

“I do not recall making the statement attributed to me regarding any applicant for the City Administrator position, and I deny that I made any statement that suggest (sic) prejudice,” she said in a statement.

Hoschton, which is nearly all white, has a city code against discrimination based on “race, national origin, color, religion, creed, age, sex.”

Councilwoman Hope Weeks confirmed in an email that Kenerly made similar remarks to her in the parking lot.

"I understood where she was coming from,” Cleveland said. “I understand Theresa saying that, simply because we’re not Atlanta. Things are different here than they are 50 miles down the road.”

The councilman insisted that he is not racist even though he believes black and white people should not intermarry.

“I’m a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don’t do interracial marriage,” he explained. “That’s the way I was brought up and that’s the way I believe.”

“I have black friends, I hired black people,” Cleveland added. “But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that’s just not the way a Christian is supposed to live.”
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote