View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 02:40 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
I believe that this is incorrect.
Sarettah I always liked you because when I first arrived in this forum you gave me practical advice that I used. You may not remember, it was about using the API and make a website unique etc ...

In the present matter, I do believe that you are incorrect in saying that I am incorrect.
You make an interesting point and made the effort to use an illustration to disproof some of my points, which is not an issue for me as I wish I was wrong and I said on a few occasions: I am happy to be proven wrong.

Let me use your own material to disproof the very points you are making.

Quote:
If a user goes to a whitelabel and clicks into a model's room a chaturbate cookie is set on the user's computer along with the whitelabel cookies.
Correct, let me add this important point to what you are saying: a cookie with YOUR affiliate ID is planted against your whitelabel and a cookie with HER affiliate ID is planted against the domain chaturbate.com

Cookies are domain based. In your case, the whitelabel domain is camfoxes.net thus the cookie is planted on that domain. If it was to be planted on chaturbate.com with YOUR affiliate ID it would be a third party cookie (technique used by ad agencies) which most browsers block by default.

The cookie showed at the end of your video is not your affiliate cookie, it is a cloudflare cookie called __cfduid . Try typing exoticads in your search for cookies. So I tend to say that the video proves the claim that those links go against whitelabels owners.

Quote:
If a user goes to a whitelabel and does NOT click into a room then the chaturbate cookie is not set.

Since you cannot get to the model's link without clicking into the room, the chaturbate cookie will be set.
Precisely, the cookie set by the broadcaster link. Like I said SHE gets the conversion, the whitelabel owner gets screwed.

Quote:
Also, many of the banners and ads that the model's are putting up do NOT show up on the whitelabel version of the site so the user cannot click them. I am not sure what criteria chaturbate is using in the whitelabel programming but I know all the model banners and ads do not show up.

So, since the link the model put there does NOT show up on the whitelabel version, the user cannot click it.

And NO, I do NOT have any custom css running in there.
Now THAT is interesting: I know you aren't using custom css, I checked your source code out of curiosity. However would you have an explanation why the youtube video you posted here shows a banner (at 0:45 in the video)? And then a few seconds later you have a screenshot and a claim that those banners are gone.

So you are telling us that banners have been removed by Chaturbate by posting a video that shows a banner on your whitelabel.

Quote:
Goldengodessxxx on Chaturbate:
Maybe the profile provider she uses has decided (and rightly so) that it was unfair (to say the least) to keep those links up. This is just speculation and a plausible explanation, not a proof. But let's not waste time with speculations try this out for yourself:

https://www.camfoxes.net/hotschneewittchen/

This one uses a different profile provider.

Quote:
This is all from my research of the subjects as I have followed along with the discussions. Some of the stuff you guys are discussing are definite issues, these 2 are not (at least in my ever so humble opinion).

In short:
- one of the profile designer that supplies models has made a change which explains why some of the banners have disappeared.
- regardless of this change, the banners did exist so the original claim was right at a very least in its context ie: at the time it was posted.
- Chaturbate did not do anything to rid of these banners and some models still have them up
- clicking an affiliate link from your whitelabel drives your potential customer away from you (leak) and if it converts, it converts in favor of the broadcaster and the original referrer is unfairly losing his traffic.

And my usual comment: affiliate links reason to be are for driving traffic TOWARDS a sponsor, it is not designed to be used once on the site.