View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 08:23 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Eye View Post
Yeah, Huntington a high class area. Mostly NYC commuters, doctor's, etc. That's Suffolk. Long island is super segregated financially. The divide is sharp. You either a commuter with a great job in the city, a entertainer or a native... And there ain't much for natives but ghettos in the woods (like Wyandanch, Rakim's town).

It's funny you say green lawn, there's a town named Greenlawn right next to Huntington.
It’s strange to remember the lawns but funnier there’s a town by that name. We had a summer house up in Hunter and I remember the long drive up the mountain. Roads were over cliffs and I swore we’d drive over. Scary. Looking down those hills and imagining driving in the winter is insane.

I didn’t know Huntington was affluent but I was young. I’m pulling out tiny memories of the area. Hopefully I’ll talk to mom tomorrow for details.

Isn’t most of LI commuters to the city?
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote