View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 11:08 AM  
RedFred
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog View Post
I am going to suggest I am much more familiar with the legal system than you are. Your comments assure I am correct, Tommy boy.

Sad I have to explain how the legal system works to an 80 year old man.

Most criminal defendants plead not guilty at the arraignment hearing. By pleading not guilty, the criminal defendant buys time. This gives his or her defense lawyer the opportunity to review the case and to assert all possible defenses.

If a criminal defendant pleads not guilty to the charge he or she is facing, this plea can be withdrawn at any later point in time to a plea of no contest or to guilty. A guilty plea may be entered after a criminal defense lawyer negotiates a favorable plea agreement on behalf of the client. Because of the availability of changing a plea to guilty later on, most criminal defendants plead not guilty at the arraignment because they know they can later change the plea if they do reach a favorable agreement.

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/pl...n-guilty-40222
RedFred is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote