View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 09:15 AM  
PR_Glen
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mce View Post
I lost 28 pounds in 7 days on a Low Carb / High Fat diet...

Then I kept running into study reports like this https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/...an-early-death

I've increased exercise but am at an impasse....

Should I ditch my KETOGENIC diet and just go PLANT BASED or WHOLE FOODS?

Here's Canada's version of the ideal meal plan (no influence from Food industry) https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/

Who to believe?
if you ditch something that is giving you this much progress because of a random news article i would suggest a therapist instead of rethinking your diet...

The ONLY reason keto gets a bad rap overall by mass markets is because it's unsustainable to the masses as a reasonable food source. In other words, if everyone ate only meat and vegetables our resources would run out and it would be impossible to compensate a mass amount of people living and eating this way. Wheat, starches and sugars can feed the masses by comparison.

Now, that being said, does that make those things healthier for you? No... but they will do all they can to provide you with circumstantial evidence and incomplete studies to talk you out of it. Sweden is one of the few countries who have actually admitted to its people the long known truth. that eating a carb heavy diet is detrimental to health and eating animal fats are not only healthy but down right essential. The growth of disease in older people in the past 30 or longer in western nations are due to them being given super low fat diets for prolonged periods of time. The ones who live at home and ignore those diets are the ones who keep their minds and tend to have less disease. It's simple as that. Does that mean you should start shovelling in the red meat and bacon?? No, that isn't really healthy either, but keto with responsible balance in both meats and vegetables can help with a lot of issues, not only just weight loss.

If you are really that concerned still just cycle off it for a few weeks and start up again. I have always found that changing things up from time to time gets better results long term anyway.