View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 03:33 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanG View Post
Britain - 1972 - before being a EU member destroyed the UKs future and drove them into poverty...

Pesky EU ruined their luxurious lifestyle...
That was pre-Common Market and the improvement in living standards is due to the Trade Deal. The British were never given a vote on whether it wanted to join the EU, until now and they voted NO. So get over it.

Today things are different.

Now let me explain why it's so bad for the British.

Freedom of movement has led to a huge influx of EU cheap labour, taking jobs and lowering wages. This puts tremendous pressure on the welfare system. Don't tell me non-EU migrants were more recently. They're regulated and it's recent. They also don't qualify for benefits.

Companies have moved to Eastern Europe to enjoy the lower wage and running costs. Also they get financial help from the richer countries. Again destroying jobs, wages and tax revenue for the richer countries.

£350 million a day goes into the EU, any money the UK gets back theEU controls how it's spent.

Globalisation has decimated the manufacturing industries in the West and the EU does little to protect EU jobs, wages and tax revenues.

If the EU is so great, why not hold a referendum country by country and allow those who want out to leave with a trade deal? The deal that was in place with the Common Market.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote