View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 09:29 PM  
King Mark
Masterbaiter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamWinterReturns View Post
I’m not sure but it was Huntington Long Island. My dad owned a record company nearby but can’t remember the city. He drove 45 minutes to get home each day he used to say. The traffic on the Expressway I remember due to the accidents. You’re bringing back very old memories. We lived near a school and every house had big green lawns. Strange to remember that...

I lived there for five years or less. Mom still says she hated it there because everyone tried to outdo your neighbors by buying bigger cars, bigger houses, brand name clothing, and looking down at you for living life in your own space.

I remember talk about a vaccine that you had to get in the early 60’s. It caused health issues with Long Islanders.

I’m off to sleep but these memories will give me dreams!
Yeah, Huntington a high class area. Mostly NYC commuters, doctor's, etc. That's Suffolk. Long island is super segregated financially. The divide is sharp. You either a commuter with a great job in the city, a entertainer or a native... And there ain't much for natives but ghettos in the woods (like Wyandanch, Rakim's town).

It's funny you say green lawn, there's a town named Greenlawn right next to Huntington.
King Mark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote