View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 02:55 AM  
seriouslee
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexl View Post
..but then models would block non-chaturbate sites. (they can do this in their settings)

Allowing affiliate links on the site is an aberration!

we can discuss solutions, alternatives and policies all we want, if cb has decided to go down this road there's nothing we can do. we could be here another year.
Despite the setting to opt out of appearance on "chaturbate network sites", opting out of whitelabels makes no sense really. Some affiliates make own profiles, take a lot of snapshots, even video recordings. Some are hard to distinguish from pirate sites. I can see why models want to opt out of that. Also these profiles do not get deleted when the chaturbate model account gets deleted. And there is the issue of geo blocks from models, not sure if existing geo blocks get passed on to affiliates through the API.

But whitelabels, basically just copies of chaturbate, are anothr thing entirely and opting out of these makes no sense in my opinion. I'm all for giving people choices but the choice to opt out of whitelabels breaks the principle and purpose of whitelabels. Model geo blocks should apply to whitelabels too (if they don't, I don't know this).
seriouslee is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote