View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 02:49 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanG View Post
yeah, true to a certain agree, but when you have a country like Italy that is built on mafia and corruption, then it's an Italian problem. Not a EU problem.

there are reasons why in Italy 20+% of young people are unemployed and in other countries it's 5% or less.

As I also tried to explain Paul repeatedly - it's not the EU that destroyed industrial production in the UK - it were the unions and Thatcher.

The EU didn't force the British to build the shittiest quality cars ever and the EU didn't force unions to go on strike until the British car industry was dead or taken over by Germans, Japanese or Indians.

If there is one thing Brits mastered, then it's blaming someone else for their own shortcomings.
Industrial production was killed by globalisation and the Unions. All Thatcher did was close factories that were bankrupt without taxpayers money. Governments can only close government owned companies and no one will close a company making him money.

Unions forced car companies to limit R&D by forcing through pay rises for every change of design. The Labour Government under Wilson and Callaghan allowed the Unions to do this. Remember I lived through those years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_of_Discontent
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote