View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 06:02 AM  
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinton View Post
If you really like someone, then you set him free :o. You allow him to make any decision he wants, and later maybe, if you still like him, welcome him back, like lost son. If he will want it of course...

And what I saw from EU side (at the begining at least) was the urge to "punish" UK and "set them" as an example...I dont think that this is what real gentlemen/ friends clubs do. Sounded more like thug/ mafia style clubs.

Nonethless, before they leave they should pay what is genuinely owed to EU..

"And almost none of the actual problems the UK has, is in any way based on the fact that they are member of the EU."
well actually I could find few ones. First one that comes to my mind - hordes of emigrants from Eastern / Central Europe (including Poland) f.. up their real estate market even more than it was f... before. From the renters (especially) /buyers (less) point of view of course.
I think that UK is too big country to lose a lot during Brexit. They will be fine, somehow. Maybe not at the beginning but after 5-10 years. Maybe they will even improve.

"I hate that a few criminal liars have tricked so many into believing the bullshit" - unfortunately this is the dark side of democracy, and your country before was the best example for that - how it can easily be ruined by band of criminals that know how to exploit supportive "ground" of its times.
how can you have good democracy btw if most of the people/voters have troubles with comprehending information and critical reception of it ?
well, I said it before on here, I want them to leave now.

because otherwise they will cry forever how it was the EUs fault they couldn't leave, even though voting a hundred times in their own parliament never brought a majority for anything. But just like with all the other crap - blaming the EU is much easier.

and just two things in regards to the other points you made:

it was the UK government that allowed Poles, Czechs etc to migrate immediately after they joined the EU, other countries (like Germany) restricted it

Quote:
United Kingdom: Welfare restrictions only, need to register though. This decision was controversial: politicians later admitted that they had only decided against barring freedom of movement under the assumption that all of the other EU countries would make the same decision: in fact only Ireland and Sweden followed suit. This decision led to a rise of anti-migrant sentiment, and is credited with inspiring Brexit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_e...European_Union

Once again - UK politicians are to blame, not the EU.

And in regards to the housing market:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...ts-dirty-money

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a8274106.html

If you let Russians, Chinese and Arabs buy themselves into your country and help them to hide their money which then drives up property prices - how is this the fault of the EU and not your own governments fault?

There is plenty of crap that the EU is to blame for but I would prefer we concentrate on that and try to solve it.

But you can't solve things on EU level that do not fall under EU competency.

And yet that is exactly what people like Markham think (have been made to think) - that they are powerless under EU rule.

Which is nonsense once you look closer.
MaDalton is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote