View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 10:57 AM  
wankawonk
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriouslee View Post
This would be the sorting that myfreecams has. Obvious negative side effect is that girls that have ONE whale tipper and girls who mostly sell videos and pictures and who basically only cam as a showcase for the content they sell, rank high. CB was always "show based", a girl does a great show, she can gain a top spot that day. If a highly popular girl has a bad day or just wants to sit around, she would not gain a good spot that day. Great princinple but abused by some girls and studios who get the top spots always regardless if they do a great or a not so great show.
This is a good point, but there's signals that could solve it

For example, ignore revenue generated from private shows and other revenue sources. Only count revenue generated from tips in public shows

Focus on number of tippers in addition to total tip volume (that way one whale can't affect the ratings)

As far as a popular girl sitting around doing nothing, focus on revenue in the current show.

I love thinking about search algorithms, in my previous life before getting into adult, I actually worked in search algorithms at big tech companies. If you've used ebay search or yelp search, you've used code/algorithms I've written
wankawonk is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote